VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 7, 2016, 07:19 AM
Banned

There was no reason to merge the soundtrack for Hanjuku Hero with this one, that was a stupid thing to do since they are separate albums both for completely different games.

The fact they were bundled together is completely irrelevant, they both have different catalog numbers as well.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 07:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.p...4365#post74365
Old Jun 7, 2016, 07:34 AM
Banned

You never seem to understand that links aren't reasons.

Anyway, I don't care if you merge albums or not, that is also irrelevant.

It is a separate album and as such should be in a completely different page as in is counter intuitive to find it that way.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 01:53 AM

I wasn't sure about this before but since I had a closer at the THE BLACK MAGES III Darkness and Starlight LIVE packaging and contents, I can confirm that "Alien Tribe Song" AKA "異民の歌" AKA "Immigrant Song" (i.e. illegal alien) shares some similarities (e.g. the main riff) with the Led Zeppelin song of the same name.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 03:41 AM

異民 seems to be a play on 移民, which is the actual Japanese word for immigrant. They'd both be read as imin. I dunno if that's a typo with the kanji or if there's some significance to using 異. In any case, "alien tribe" seems a bit too literal. If it is an intentionally different kanji, then maybe "Illegal Immigrant Song" would work since that better retains the Zeppelin reference?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 09:08 AM

Since the game itself and contents can be considered parody, I'd lean towards intentional. I can't speak for 異民 and 移民, but it's probably a similar difference between 外国 (foreign/outside country) and 異国 (foreign nation, with an emphasis on otherness/difference/exoticism), both common use terms. In fact, some Japanese RPG games refer to fictional countries that have a remotely Far East aesthetic as 異国s. Japanese people call themselves/their culture foreign in their own games, which I think is amusing. Anyway, Hanjuku Hero is an RPG/strategy game and if the music is listened to in context, the reasons for the choice of Kanji may be revealed (I haven't played the game, just saying it's possible).

Also, Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song was translated to 移民の歌 in Japan.

Also, track 2-17 is 哀しみの英雄 (Sad Hero) but is Sad Egg in the English track list?
Old Feb 19, 2023, 02:33 PM

Disc 1 Track 35...Too close to Beethoven's 5th symphony for comfort. 5 seconds worth, with a different note thrown in.

Is Ludwig worthy of a composing credit for this or nah?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 09:34 AM
Trusted Editor

The bonus disc states on the cover that it's vol. 7 of a series. I'm not overly familiar with Digicube, so anyone knows the other volumes in this series?