VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:24 PM

Added an English translation for the title based on Basiscape's tweet.

https://twitter.com/#!/Basiscape_En/...38648058523651
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:29 PM

Just found out about this Album, should be very promising!
I'm loving the composer line-up.
And it's about damn time Basiscape released another Album!!! > :P

Last edited by Red Blazer; Feb 15, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:47 AM

Would someone be able to help translate the tracklisting?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 06:41 AM

Excuse me, Don, if you have this album, can you explain the sound of it, please?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 06:52 AM

Overall, it's a smorgasbord of sound. Some jazzier themes, some orchestral themes, some rock themes, some Wild Arms sounding tunes, some Japanese inspired sounds, etc.

Chiba's themes are mostly jazzier and orchestral related. Kudo does a bit of the Wild Arms sounding stuff, some rock, some orchestral music, some Japanese sounding themes, and some of the jazzier tunes. Abe mainly does orchestral and rock tunes, Iwata does some Japanese inspired tunes and an orchestral theme.

If you go to the album page on the Basiscape website, you can hear 5 different samples: http://basiscape.com/store_majikoi.html First and last by Chiba, middle 3 by Kudo.

Last edited by Don; Mar 1, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:40 AM
Trusted Editor

Slightly updated the album info to include Sound Work and Sound Supervisor information. Kanji is 音響制作 and 音響監督, respectively. I left the composer breakdown as it stands, the booklet has a unique way of noting the composer using a composer-specific colored floral design next to each track and a key on the bottom of page 2 that indicates the composer (by last name only).
Old Mar 6, 2012, 01:26 PM

Wouldn't those normally be translated as "Sound Producer" and "Sound Director" respectively?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 02:13 PM
Trusted Editor

I used Sound Production instead since it's a company (entity) not a person, I think it makes more sense that way? Sound Director / Sound Supervisor is probably interchangeable but I changed it anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
I used Sound Production instead since it's a company (entity) not a person, I think it makes more sense that way? Sound Director / Sound Supervisor is probably interchangeable but I changed it anyway.
That makes sense. Good call.
Old May 3, 2012, 07:43 PM

This soundtrack is surprisingly good to my ears after the "meh" of much of DenpaNingen RPG, which doesn't feel as fun as it should, I think. This album is more alive and I think hits Chiba's and Kudo's strong points better.

How come there's no entry for the iTunes release or a tracklist with the official English translation from it? You wouldn't even know it's available on iTunes from looking here.
Old May 4, 2012, 06:15 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _if View Post
How come there's no entry for the iTunes release or a tracklist with the official English translation from it? You wouldn't even know it's available on iTunes from looking here.
I don't think there's a "need" for adding an iTunes reprint. This is an entry for the physical release. We can always mention it was also released digitally.
I would not add a reprint personally.. or else we'd have to add tons of reprints from Square, Falcom, Konami, 5pb.
Most of the japanese publishers are now releasing their albums on iTunes too.

By the way, if someone really wants to add the English tracklist from iTunes for that album (is the translation really accurate ?), it's here.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:11 AM
Trusted Editor

- Changed "THE PINCH" to "THE Pinch"
- Capitalized 'be' in track 119.