VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Organization Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:53 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Just to let everyone know, i changed all the catalog numbers to "CZCD xxx" (was previously bzcdxxx).

CZCD catalog number can be seen on the back covers from a few cds.. like all the Last Ninja albums, this time it's war and the z-show gold collection.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:10 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Wow, I don't know why we never noticed that one.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:40 AM

How official are the albums put out by this company? Are they fully licensed and supported by the artists?
Old May 4, 2010, 07:35 AM

I am pretty sure it's a combination of both. Some albums are almost certainly official and endorsed by the original composers, others are very obvious bootlegs (as in "no prior permission was sought or received"; I do believe they subscribe to the common "abandonware" approach of "everything is free unless copyright holder tells us otherwise, in which case we will comply").
Old May 4, 2010, 07:37 AM

Oh, by the way: A CD can be "licensed and supported by the artists" and still not be a legal release - many times, the copyright is owned by companies, not the composers. Even if a company folded the copyright may still belong to someone else than the artist.
Old May 5, 2010, 01:10 PM

Thanks for letting me know. Are any actually endorsed by the game companies? All in all sounds very risky for me to cover them so will not bother!
Old May 5, 2010, 07:49 PM

I think Creatures/Creatures 2 are legit, and I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow of the Beast 2 and 3 were. The fourth (bonus) CD of Last Ninja collection is. Both "PD Mix", if they really are PD, should be legal. The Z-Show is very likely legal too. Project Galway is definitely legal, but as far as I know, it wasn't released by Binary Zone - they just sel it.