VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I made that fix. You must have edited those lines from unix, but the code was expecting a windows line break (\r\n).
No, actually. I'm on Windows XP, and I'm positive my system sends carriage return before the line break character. The line breaks were parsed under the "about me" tab in my profile (not in edit mode), so the parsing must really be different for the pages.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 02:08 AM
Trusted Editor

So, is it just me, or did the notes disappear from the wishlist? I mean, I can still edit them -- but in the overview they're not displayed.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 03:15 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It's working for me. Is there anything particular about the text you are trying to display?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 01:53 PM
Trusted Editor

Not working for me either.

http://vgmdb.net/db/marketplace.php?...iew&userid=265

Mostly used to remind me whether or not I've ordered them, and they're marked with a simple "Ordered".
Old Jul 6, 2012, 03:57 PM
Trusted Editor

I have some commentry in the fields, mostly used for OOP-flags and the release year, so that I can differentiate between new and old releases quickly.

Also this used to work as of recently, but doesn't now. Not that I have changed anything on the wishlist.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 07:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Oh, I thought you meant the usernotes. Yeah, this was something I apparently broke during that last fix. It should be working now. Thanks for reporting it.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:49 PM

Not sure if a bug.

When using Manage Products and going through the tiers to add them, at the final point where you add classification. Should it be inheriting this information (when available) from the album page classification (This would be helpful)?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I may be able to come up with a set of rules to do this in some cases, but it won't work for the general case: multiple classifications and multiple products -- no way to tell which classifications should apply to which products.

I could do something like this:
Quote:
[for Single Product, Multiple Classification, or Multiple Product, Single Classification]
Doujin & Arrangement -> Fan Arrange
Doujin & Remix -> Fan Remix
Soundtrack, Arrange, Drama, etc -> Their equivalent
Which may cut down on some of the work.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:59 AM

Thanks Secret Squirrel, any help would be nice to automate some of the work be it, a standardized links area to all the main used ones (e.g. a link to itunes shows as iTunes, cdjapan showing as CD Japan or such) Cutting down on the work to link artists to the album when adding, etc.

So thanks again for the work you put in.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hopefully I can work on this at the beginning of August, after I finish this conference paper.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 07:22 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The following scenarios should auto-classify during the linking stage:
Quote:
Single Product: All matching classifications.
Single Classification: All products
[Special Case] Doujins: Arrange->Fan Arrange, Remix->Fan Remix; Also Arrange+Vocal, Arrange+Remix, *+Original Work
I've tested these on a few albums, but more testing may uncovering some bugs or corner cases. Also, you now get a message if it auto-classifies, or if it can't auto-classify everything, so keep an eye on those to know what it has done.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:24 AM

I rejected an edit upon request of him, but in the recent edit history, a totally different album is shown.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:48 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I rejected an edit upon request of him, but in the recent edit history, a totally different album is shown.
I think I need to redesign that part of the submission system so that we can differentiate between Track Edits and Tracklist Metadata edits in that particular log. I won't be able to fix the old rows though without that extra piece of information.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:21 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Am i blind or i don't find "Atlus" anymore in the "Link Organization" list ?
ex: here for Atlus U.S.A.

I wonder if more org have disappeared too.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:08 AM
VGMdb Staff

"Atlus U.S.A., Inc. from 1991 to Oct 30, 2010" and the album you want to link is 2012, out of range - if the album is too much out of specified range for a certain label, that label won't show up in the list.

Last edited by Efendija; Aug 17, 2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:46 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, I implemented a date filter to simplify the list, and make it easier to link to the right organization for cases where the name changed, and then changed back to the original name years later.

So to link this album, you'll need to add a new label for whatever the successor is to Atlus USA.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:46 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Sounds perfectly logical. I wonder why i did not see that before.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:31 AM

history page doesn't show the (green) corrections anymore?

hm, probably only nadia box

Last edited by Phonograph; Aug 19, 2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Our inline diff code isn't very good. It was an open-source php script that I found somewhere. I need to look for something more robust.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:14 PM

Is there a way to quickly remove album from wishlist? I have about 2,500 albums in my wishlist. The wishlist's edit page freezes on me for about over 5 minutes before finished loading. After I checked out which albums to be removed and submitted, it freezes for another 10 minutes before any change is updated. It's becoming a pain as I'm increasing the frequency adding and removing from my collection and wishlist. Can I have something like the adding albums to collection box, where I can removing instead of adding several albums in one go based on their ID or Catalog number?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 05:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We never really expected that someone would add 2500 albums to their wishlist. I looked at the code, and there are a few things I can do to reduce the number of queries, but I suspect that displaying 7500 edit fields is always going to be slow.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:41 PM

Yeah, with a lot of edit fields (which are more taxing than usual text/image rendering) it also depends on the browser used how fast it's rendered. In my experience Chrome is the fastest, older versions of Firefox and IE are very slow at that.

Edit: Would it be possible to add a max-height (of say 250px) and overflow auto to the div with the album infobit table in it? As is the infobox is allowed to become way too large: http://vgmdb.net/album/33508

Last edited by Datschge; Sep 3, 2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Avoiding double posts...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
We never really expected that someone would add 2500 albums to their wishlist. I looked at the code, and there are a few things I can do to reduce the number of queries, but I suspect that displaying 7500 edit fields is always going to be slow.
So, can I have an option to switch wishlist to something look like edit albums in collection page? Just check box to remove album, no notes, price or currency box.
Or "remove from wishlist" choice in individual album page will work too. I simply just want to remove one album entry from my wishlist. Loading the whole list to remove one entry seems crazy and inefficient.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:49 AM

Unsure if intended. (Using Google Chrome 21.0.1180.89)

Using the extension Search by Image (by Google) when right clicking and choosing this option on an image that has been expanded from gallery view the search returns "Images cannot be smaller than 9 by 9 pixels." The same outcome will happen when opened from list view. I assume this has something to do with the frames that hold the images, since the image on the left of the album page can be searched fine.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:56 AM

You are trying to search using images you can only see because you are logged in, google obviously isn't logged in and as such can't get the image you suggest to it.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:08 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Quote:
I made that fix. You must have edited those lines from unix, but the code was expecting a windows line break (\r\n).
No, actually. I'm on Windows XP, and I'm positive my system sends carriage return before the line break character. The line breaks were parsed under the "about me" tab in my profile (not in edit mode), so the parsing must really be different for the pages.
The bug is back. If you're using regex to parse line breaks, you should use the \R escape sequence instead of just "\n".
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
The bug is back. If you're using regex to parse line breaks, you should use the \R escape sequence instead of just "\n".
I found and fixed an error that should probably fix this problem. Please let me know if it doesn't.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:40 AM

speaking of line breaks, label's description field (and maybe notes too) do(es)n't use <br>
probably products too but I don't remember (don't know about artist)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'll have to take a look at those. I can't remember if we really wanted something so large that it required line breaks.

In other news, I fixed a long-standing bug that prevented you from entering an alias with a different capitalization (like SiN for sin).

http://vgmdb.net/album/34808
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:12 PM

if I speak about it that's because with no CR, you are forced to write the description in one (long) line
thus you can't have an enumeration/list because even if you have CR, the system won't take in count making the whole thing hard to read

edit: I wanted to use the CR possibility for epic/sony records description (one line for cbs sony, one line for sme -but it was impossible, so I tried to make it in one line :/)

Last edited by Phonograph; Oct 31, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
Closed Thread