VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 2, 2012, 08:47 PM

So, what happened to this guy? Was there any activity after Albert Odyssey Gaiden in 1996? He's quite the legend in the NES community, but there isn't much discussion/info about him.
Old May 2, 2012, 09:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

He teaches, or did teach, computer music production at Daido University. Not sure if he stopped composing for games to take that position or what.

The works list on his Japanese Wikipedia article gives one additional game after Albert Odyssey Gaiden: Out Live: Be Eliminate Yesterday for the PS1 in 1997. He also apparently wrote music for the 2002 Japanese educational DVD Mushi Mushi no Uta: Rainforest Story (KYDN-10302).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 01:04 AM

Did he compose Megadrive Batman all by himself? I know it's not considered on the same league as the Famicom one, but with all the attention Sunsoft music has received in recent years, I find strange that no one has put that score on CD yet (unless I missed it?).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler View Post
Did he compose Megadrive Batman all by himself? I know it's not considered on the same league as the Famicom one, but with all the attention Sunsoft music has received in recent years, I find strange that no one has put that score on CD yet (unless I missed it?).
The credits only list him for music, so probably. One of the members here (I think dissident?) contacted Shinichi Seya and was told that every game attributed to Kodaka where himself or Nobuyuki Hara did programming; Kodaka did all composition.

I really wish Chris would interview him. If Clarice Disk can get a hold of him, it shouldn't be impossible for VGMO to do the same.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 01:56 PM
Trusted Editor

Wasn't me, but somebody I knew on Facebook who asked Seya. But yeah, a proper interview with Kodaka (or even Seya or Hara) would be great, just in case something was mistranslated or something.