VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Organization Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 13, 2010, 03:43 PM
VGMdb Administrator

This probably won't be of much use to anyone besides me because I usually end up getting the EGG MUSIC digital releases in here before anyone else does, but it won't hurt to make a note of it.

On each EM album page, at the top in the album info, there's an artist list (アーティスト名) that lists every person who worked on the album. As an example, here's the page for the Paca Paca Passion remix album: http://www.amusement-center.com/proj...roduct_id=8995. The artist list there is "DJ MUNEMORI TAKADA, DJ TOHRU TAKAHASHI, JUN ABE, 小西輝男, 相原隆之, 太田義晴, 福す秀俊," which lists both the original composers and remixers (OST tracks and remix tracks are on this album).

What's slightly less obvious is that each individual track on the album also has a page. If you scroll down to the tracklist, each track name is also a hyperlink that takes you to a dedicated page for that track. I only discovered this last night!

Furthermore, on some of the albums (not all), these pages will give you specific artist information for the tracks. Check out the page for track 1, "Cool Dancing <Tohru Takahashi Floor Like Mix>": http://www.amusement-center.com/proj...roduct_id=8996. The only artist listed is DJ TOHRU TAKAHASHI, because he's the remixer for that track. And on the page for the original game version, "Cool Dancing <70’s Disco>," 小西輝男 (Teruo Konishi) is given as the artist because he's the composer.

Again, not every album has specific composer info (here's one that doesn't). And be careful, because as I showed in the previous paragraph, "artist" could mean composer or remixer/arranger depending on the track. But if you end up adding an EGG MUSIC digital release, it's worth checking out the track pages if more than one artist is credited on the album.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I think this company is great for releasing all of this music from games that previously had no soundtracks. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of 95% of the games here, but I'm sure there's still plenty of great music to be found. CHz (or anyone else), any of these releases that really stand out to you?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't heard of 95% of the games here, but I'm sure there's still plenty of great music to be found. CHz (or anyone else), any of these releases that really stand out to you?
Every single track of every album has a streaming mp3 sample, so just click those "little green speaker icons" in the middle of the tracklists to try them out.

I know it's a bit time consuming to just randomly select albums to try out, and I've checked out maybe 30 or so of the listings which I previously knew nothing about that way, but these samples sure do help though.

Last edited by Carl; Mar 14, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 04:36 PM

Is it possible to order directly from EGG MUSIC RECORDS (for the physical prints) like with the digital side? I'd love to pick up the Koshiro discs and Madou Monogatari.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:41 AM

Via AC-Mall: http://www.amusement-center.com/proj...game/index.php
But I'm fairly sure they don't ship outside Japan.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:12 AM

That's really a bummer, they're a fantastic label and I love that they've made their digital catalogue available to overseas customers too.

I'm very proud that I own PSYVARIAR and all four Umemoto Rare Tracks (except the bonus CD when you bought all 3 directly from them). hally seems to care though so maybe in time?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:04 PM

Thanks zinger. Agree, that it is a shame that we cannot order these items directly... at least it looks like most of them are still in stock though.

Also someone should also post a link to that old thread about the digital side here as well. I must have deleted my bookmark to it and cannot find it through search.
Old May 17, 2018, 03:06 PM

This company has brought so many Telenet games out. I am proud to see it. Now if only they would do Cosmic Fantasy. If you haven't seen the OVA its funny

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!