VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:56 PM

Default Lime Odyssey (Yasunori Mitsuda)

Many of you are already aware of Mitsuda's involvement in the upcoming MMORPG Lime Odyssey. If you follow that link, you'll be able to hear the main theme performed by live orchestra.

Here's a video of character creation in the game. It features two wonderful pieces of music: the first is a live piano performance of the main theme; the second a delightful orchestral piece performed live.

One interesting thing to note is that the first track, the piano piece, is an arranged version of the main theme. And I don't just mean a transcription--rather a fully formed and sincere arrangement. The arrangement style itself doesn't sound at all like Mitsuda's work, but is extremely effective nonetheless.

Anyway, I wonder how much of the LO OST will be performed live? I love what I'm hearing so far.