VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:33 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I am starting a discussion here because we do not have many case like this so far in the database.

"Fall of the Lich King" is a.. patch! it's not a stand-alone game, it's not even a buyable or separate extension of the game.
Should the product attached to this kind of release be the "parent product" ? (in that case "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King") ?

I am also asking the same questions about "DLC" contents, this recent entry for example is a buyable extra content for an existing game. Again, should we attach the product for this release to the "parent" game, or make a new one with the DLC name ?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:30 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've been thinking some about that too, and it might make the most sense for add-on products to be "releases" on the product page in the same sense that the release of a game on a different platform is a "release". When I implement some kind of way to link an album (or tracks) to a specific release, the link on the album page should point directly to that release. This plan still needs some thought though.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 05:40 PM

I'd say it should have the DLC or patch name. Whatever the intent of the release was. If it's called Wrath of the Lich King Soundtrack Volume 2, and it's the Fall of the Lich King material, it's okay to make the product Wrath of the Lich King, but since this is being released specifically as a patch update music CD, I'd say the DLC/free content name is fine.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:56 AM

Composer breakdown added per Russell Brower.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:27 AM

Credits by ASCAP/BMI:

Derek Duke: 1
Russell Brower: 5, 9
Russell Brower, Derek Duke: 2-4, 6-8, 10-11