VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:17 PM

This mini-arranged album owns hard. Arguably the three best tracks from FFX-2 arranged to their utmost.

The acoustic guitar in the Besaid arrange was somewhat strange to hear originally, but grows on you after a while. All the main original melodies are here and enhanced.
Old May 13, 2009, 06:32 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

So is it really "Light & Waves" or is it "Lightwaves"? Also, is the album art supposed to be rotated 90 degrees like this?
Old May 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

About the cover art, it's silly but the cover is rotated if you look at it "the way normal front covers are printed"... it's just a matter about how do you look at the case box (sideway or upper way)

Should we rotate scans to always have them the "readable" way or the usual way you look at a case box?
Old May 13, 2009, 11:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
So is it really "Light & Waves" or is it "Lightwaves"?
In Japanese it is 光と波, light AND waves.
Old May 13, 2009, 11:38 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutZ View Post
This mini-arranged album owns hard. Arguably the three best tracks from FFX-2 arranged to their utmost.

The acoustic guitar in the Besaid arrange was somewhat strange to hear originally, but grows on you after a while. All the main original melodies are here and enhanced.
I'll agree with you on that, this album did turn out great. Maybe not so strange, but I actually like the version with the Japanese lyrics better then the instrumental.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old May 13, 2009, 11:48 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
About the cover art, it's silly but the cover is rotated if you look at it "the way normal front covers are printed"... it's just a matter about how do you look at the case box (sideway or upper way)

Should we rotate scans to always have them the "readable" way or the usual way you look at a case box?
Well if it's oriented that way on the actual album, it's fine. I just wasn't sure. I do think it would look better rotated to normal reading orientation though. Since you can rotate a physical object, I don't think they'd expect you to read it sideways (even though they printed it as so).
Old May 15, 2009, 09:04 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'd rotate the image. When I have CDs printed in such a way that they're to be held "vertically" to read the text, I rotate my scans that way. See Tokyo Majin Gakuen (the original print from Toshiba-EMI/Futureland). I provided those scans. Not just the front cover, but the entire booklet is to be held vertically, and I oriented the scans appropriately.

In regards to the quality of the music on this album, all I have to say is "two thumbs up." The OST had a lot of painfully bad music, but there were some winners on there. These three pieces are among them, and the additional arrangement (particularly the acoustic guitar performance) is totally awesome. They should've done a full jazz arrange album IMO. But some might argue the Piano Collection serves such a purpose. That's some GREAT jazz piano.

Ramza
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:20 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Thanks for the clarifications, Zanasea and everyone. It seems roxas has reoriented the front scan, so that's good.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 02:53 PM

Game localization gives the titular track as "KUON: Memories of Waves and Light" (where "KUON" is just left as romaji). In my casual exposure to translation, listed order has been reversed between Japanese and English, so would it be fine to rename the translation here to "Waves and Light" (keeping "KUON" translated to "Eternity")?