VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:32 AM

Default N/A: Devil May Cry 3 Trial Version Single

Some sources say this is an unofficial soundtrack by Capcom Legion (http://capcomlegion.cjb.net). I'm very skeptical that it is official. Can anyone confirm either way?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:01 AM
VGMdb Staff

I too got suspicious when I saw the odd tracknames, and seeing as none of them appear on the original soundtrack release. And upon listening to the tracks it became quite apparent that you were right, Chris. The audio quality and editing (e.g. "suffer" features the dialog sequence preceding the Cerberus boss battle as well as the music from the actual battle) has line-in written all over it.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 04:52 PM

This could be changed to "Digital Release" since this was indeed distributed by Capcom Legion. I particularly didn't get it from them personally, but I got this "soundtrack" from a friend of mine who mentioned downloading the tracks from a Capcom fansite. My guess is they were aiming to do a "Dante's Selection" like compilation.

I do agree with seanne: each track screams line-in rip due to their quality (including track names).

Nevertheless, I filed this one in my unofficial folder.

PS: I never knew there was some form of cover for it until I came here.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 07:26 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That cover seems like the one for the game (I didn't know they had such trial versions though). There's that NTSC-J mark on it and all.

Not sure if this entry should remain in the database.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 09:13 PM
VGMdb Staff

The cover is from the Japanese demo. Basically this rip has the few pieces of music featured in the demo. Since it's nothing but a fan recording, it should just be deleted/replaced, no?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 09:21 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'll set it to inactive for now. I'll delete/replace it when the collection/wishlist links have been taken care of.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
VGMdb Staff

I guess the same should be done with that Warcraft II entry? (even though it contains a useful link =))