VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 13, 2009, 05:34 AM
VGMdb Administrator

All of the composition credits are from the credits of the respective games, except possibly Hebereke's Popoon. Took that from SNESmusic.org. I'm assuming that too comes from the credits though.

Remember when no one could figure out why Sakimoto was credited for this album? Well it turns out there is one arranged track, #44. (Everything else is either OST or voice.) I don't know if he actually did the arrangement for that track, but given everything else is original sound, if he really is involved then that would be the track.

Tracklist needs some serious work but it's a billion o'clock and I don't even want to think about looking at that right now.

Last edited by CHz; Jan 13, 2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:57 PM

I'm really surprised this rumor has survived for almost, well, 9 years.

It may not be exactly the true story, but what I remember is ages ago when the source we had to rely on was even more scarce and rare, one website listed it as Sakimoto's, and following that, so did some websites half-heartedly. However, you know, there hasn't been a single confirmation of it till today. I think it's already conclusive that while Sakimoto has revealed his full discography on rocketbaby and Basiscape (except for a couple Hentais that SQUARE ENIX demanded he should keep secret when he was hired by them) this game isn't listed anywhere.

I'd like someone remove his name from there or perhaps someone would ask him about this in an interview instead of the questions that only result in those samey answers.

Last edited by Cedille; Jan 13, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 02:16 AM
VGMdb Administrator

You know what? Yeah. Just removed him entirely from the arrangement field. Seems like the source for that is just "that's what everyone says," let's wait until there's something definitive before we actually put him back.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 09:50 AM

Thanks.

At this moment, I assume Hiroshi Tsukamoto might have been mistaken as Sakimoto.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:50 PM
Trusted Editor

for "Kansei Craftwork and Prophet Kazuo", I swear I've seen their real names on here before. maybe I'm getting confused with Prophet Fukami though...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:35 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yikes, some bad info here (my fault!). Cleaning this up.

Sugoi Hebereke: There are both "composition" and "music" credits in the game, so now all the sound staff is there. My assumptions are that "Sarabande Naoki" and "Prophet Kazuo" are Naoki Kodaka and Kazuo Nii respectively. Don't have any guesses for the third guy. Also I had somehow left off the ぷ from ぷろふぇっと D:

Hebereke's Popoon: Still haven't been able to find credits for this one!

Hebereke: Changed "composition" to "music staff" per the credits.

Hebereke no Oishii Puzzle wa Irimasen ka: Changed "composition" to "sound" per the credits. Also removed the credit for Masanao Akahori because it was never for him but for Opus, the sound studio Jun Enoki works for (so it's like "Opus: Jun Enoki").
Old Nov 5, 2013, 07:46 AM

NNTK...NWTK

Last edited by emuxer; Nov 11, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 09:11 AM

certainly not
would you use tales of destiny ii ost as display for tales of eternia ost knowing the cover shows tales of eternia ost?
I'm sure not, so why other albums should be different
Old Nov 5, 2013, 09:24 AM

NNTK...NWTK

Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:09 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

It should be debated elsewhere; but these Professor Layton albums should be titled in romaji, unless the english title is written somewhere.
You still can add the english title as an alternate (line 4), but not as title.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:17 AM

I agree with myrkul, a japanese release should ALWAYS be associated to anything related to japanese
for example, romaji or "official" english/german/french/etc. provided by the japanese themselves

don't forget that if a product is NEVER translated/localized so you could NEVER add that anywhere
(however I'm not against alternative titles, but certainly not as display)
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:20 AM

NNTK...NWTK

Old Aug 23, 2020, 12:12 AM

Changed "Sarabande Naoki" to "Sarabando Naoki" (letter 'e' to 'o'), since it's "さらばんど なおき". Here are again the credits on YouTube that CHz posted in another thread.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 12:19 AM
VGMdb Administrator

That wasn't a mistake, さらばんど (or more commonly サラバンド) is the Japanese transliteration of "sarabande." I removed the romanizations altogether though, they're not official and shouldn't have been used in the first place