VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:16 PM

Huh, a new Rockman Zero album? Color me interested!

Quote:
"The concept of a paradoxical expression of arranging some kind of acoustic instruments focusing on non-power tunes, such as mechanical Rockman Repuriroido the world, a world Saundorimeiku Rockman Zero.
Repuriroido got a collection of machines that should be zero in the world is full of a variety of machinery "soul" concept "life" as the core, re-express the mystery of life and strength, such as.
The 13 songs on an acoustic remake the image.
Nakayama Tetsu draw down jacket.
Furukarabukkuretto 12p in the liner notes by producer Kazunori Yamada, Luna posted a special interview 梅垣 arranger."
(Copy + Paste from Google Translate, as i have no japanese language skills whatsoever)

So based on this, I'm guessing that we're looking at an orchestral album of sorts. If this is the case, I'm -VERY- excited for orchestral renditions of Break Out, Cannonball, and especially Falling Down.

Only slightly confusing part is "focusing on non-power tunes". Honestly, I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of any way one could do the abovementioned songs justice without them being "power tunes". (Very high energy, etc)

Last edited by EdgeKun; Apr 5, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:22 PM

Now that samples are out, looks like a chill piano/strings/acoustic guitar arrangement sort of album. Looking forward to it.
Old May 2, 2011, 01:05 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

The samples I'm hearing online are superb. Mythos and Gigamix's arrangements didn't offer a whole lot over the original "remastered/tunes" arranges, but this is really new and fresh.
Old May 3, 2011, 11:59 PM

Considering III is a unit and they've done every other Rockman Z CD (http://vgmdb.net/artist/765), shouldn't they be in Arranged as well? Maybe not listed yet due to no breakdown, maybe.

This is the first thing that popped up when I searched for arrangement and the catalog,
http://circled6.net/zero/cd/zerocollectioncd2.htm
and I figure it's most likely reliable, but until a booklet scan shows up or credits on an official site
Old May 4, 2011, 01:10 AM
Trusted Editor

I gave this a shot, but like the Mythos albums or any other of the newer Rockman albums this doesn't really get me hooked -- IMHO it feels boring and uninspired.

EDIT: Maybe I was a bit too hasty. Listening to the album with headphones makes it a whole lot better -- I'm giving it another chance

Last edited by LiquidAcid; May 5, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old May 8, 2011, 11:55 AM

this album is epic
my favorite tracks from this album are awakening will,holy land,cannon ball and break out
Old May 19, 2011, 11:44 AM

Did anyone else order their album from otaku.com and is still waiting for the damn thing to arrive? I had to ask why it's taking so long, and they said they had delays with getting the album into stock, even though the item page said it was in stock already... and also several days after I got a first shipping confirmation.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashman View Post
Did anyone else order their album from otaku.com and is still waiting for the damn thing to arrive? I had to ask why it's taking so long, and they said they had delays with getting the album into stock, even though the item page said it was in stock already... and also several days after I got a first shipping confirmation.
From what I remember, this album was going to be the same as Rockman ZX Soundsketch "ZX Gigamix"; A.K.A. initially only sold in certain Japanese shops for like half a year, and then after that it'll be more widely circulated.
Old May 20, 2011, 01:03 AM
Trusted Editor

Hmm, so maybe Capcom didn't like it that much that Otaku already brought it into wider circulation?
Old May 25, 2011, 11:59 PM

Yeah, I've been waiting ages for mine to arrive, too. Otaku said it was shipped round about the end of April, but the shipping tracking only said it left Japan on May 17. Not sure if it has anything to do with all those natural disasters, but something's weird.
Old May 26, 2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashman View Post
I ordered one a few days ago and Alex said it would take at least 20 days to arrive. I didn't ask why.
Old May 26, 2011, 07:54 AM

Ah, okay. Thanks for that info, Jodo Kast.
Old May 26, 2011, 08:27 AM

Well, never mind. Mine arrived two days ago.
Old May 26, 2011, 12:40 PM

Hopefully mine will arrive soon.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 01:55 PM
Trusted Editor

This one really needed some time to sink in. My favorite track is Ciel d'aube in Resonance, really good stuff

I wish they would make such an album also for the classic Rockman series.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 03:29 PM

it's not rather an album for the rockman zero collection game released on nds (without gba z1-4)
mythos album should be in that case too