VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 22, 2013, 06:26 AM
VGMdb Staff

Default 28CC-2291: TIME CAPSULE "CD" TV Original BGM Collection Lupin Sansei Music...

First: this albums give the official translation of "ルパン三世・その" as "Lupin III part" so case closed.....

Second: The vinyl original print (CQ-7040) comes with the opening and ending theme in Tv size version with sound effect, ecc...; from what I know there's also a 1st CD print (cat. 32C35-7619) has the same Tv size tracks of the vinyl but it's mega rare, I never saw it...

Third but most important: tons of japanese site included ja.wiki, reported Koji Makaino as the arranger of the ルパン三世・その 1 & 2 themes composed by Takeo Yamashita. On the booklet it doesn't give the arrangement credit but other old albums like Lupin The Best Collection reports Takeo Yamashita as also the arranger of those themes (full size record version).
Well where's the problem? Ja.wiki reports this
Quote:
オープニングテーマおよびエンディングテーマのタイトルは、放送当時から長年にわたってファンを混乱させる 元となっていた。放送当時のシングルレコードはテイチクと朝日ソノラマから発売されたが、「ルパン三世その 1」がテイチクではエンディング、朝日ソノラマではオープニングとなっている。後に様々なレコード会社から 発売されるようになって以降も、発売元によってテイチクに準ずる場合と朝日ソノラマに準ずる場合があった。 コロムビアに至っては、発売時期によってタイトルが逆転したこともある。なお、現在は以下に太字で記したも のが正式なタイトルとしてJASRACに登録されているが、CDの種類によっては資料価値を考慮して意図的 に旧タイトルを表記している場合もある。

また、レコード用音源の編曲者は馬飼野康二で、放送当時のシングルには表記されていたのだが、その後表記漏 れになることが多かったため、山下毅雄が自ら編曲したと誤解されていた時期もある(TV用は山下自身が編曲 )。
From what I understand the TV original version of those theme were arranged by Yamashita while the record versions by Makaino, so I think most old Lupin albums which come with the full version reports the wrong credit of the TV version (originally coming with the vynil version). Generally we have to doubt wiki and others and report only official things, but I repeat tons of Japan Lupin sites spoke about this. I need a confirmation and I think these infos can be found on the Lupin 1st Anthology album (n. cat. COCX-32149) which is the only album that comes with ALL ルパン三世・その version ever published, maybe also on the extended reprint n. (cat. COCX-34170)... can a owner of those check them if there are links to Koji Makaino?

Last edited by depa; Mar 22, 2013 at 06:39 AM.