VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 26, 2011, 06:50 AM

Please can someone amend the 'Published by' link, so that this appears on the circle page with the other WOODSOFT albums?

If the event info could be linked to C65, that would be great too.

Thanks

EDIT - That was quick! thanks.

Last edited by elbarto; Jun 26, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:27 AM

I just listened to this album, more specifically track 12's "Bomber King", and it sounds like S.S.H. did this. The fictitious arrange credit kind of gives it away too.

Anyone else want to look into this (layzee....)?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 07:14 AM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had a listen of that track 12 and it does seem to have a Gain Ground/Lost Child vibe to it, which makes sense since they're all from around 2003-2004. The harmonica and acoustic guitar (?) intro doesn't ring a bell at the moment, but everything after that sounds very S.S.H.-ish. The synth guitar and especially both the keyboard/synthesiser (?) and the bass sounds like the same instrumentals as heard on the aforementioned albums. Maybe the drums too.

Furthermore, on this track, go to 1:45 and there should be 2 pairs of the same notes and they go something like this:

.................................................. ......la la la la ^lah...laaaaaaaaaaa
..................la la la la lah............................................... ..............
......................................la la la la lah.........................................
la la la la lah............................................... ................................

Apologies for my atrocious attempt at expressing sound using text but when you hear it, you should get which section of the song I'm referring to. Anyway, those four sets of notes sound remarkably similar to the ones in "Rambling Feather" (go 1:40 of track 4 from the Lost Child Side-B OST). It could be S.S.H. recycling a riff and/or it could just be a common musical "trope" (for lack of a better word).

Finally, I don't recall S.S.H. ever arranging a Bomberman song or mentioning the franchise before.

As far as "Woodsoft" is concerned, another member here pointed out the possibility of another S.S.H. track here: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.ph...8&postcount=10