VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:54 PM

Track 5's title is rather troublesome. The "風神" portion of "Fly away ~風神戦隊~" could be read as either "divine wind," or the more common to English speakers, "Dive Bomber/Suicide Bomber." Now, while I don't want to think that ryu-5150 would use the colloquial English translation (as the meaning just isn't the same), as there are definite references to "divine wind" within Touhou, at the same time the "戦隊" part seems to be a direct link to just that latter interpretation. I'm open to thoughts on the matter, but I translated it as "Divine Wind Squadron" just to be on the safest side.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:21 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Kamikaze is 神風 right? You're reading 風神 backwards.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:20 PM

And that is what I get for speed reading. Thanks for pointing that out, and I'll have it corrected immediately.