VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 22, 2020, 01:26 PM

Default [REQUEST] Add a "Jump List" to the "My Lists" pages for easier and quicker navigation

Request pt. 2: Back for More!

I was wondering if a "Jump List" of sorts could be implemented to the "My Lists" pages, like "Collection" / "Wish List" / etc. to make finding and navigating those lists a little easier, my collection list is quite long and only getting longer, so there's a lot of scrolling involved.

So what do I mean by "Jump List" (I think that's the right term), well it's most commonly found on wiki type pages for navigating long pages, for example;

https://i.imgur.com/lTk7Xmf.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...r_music_genres

I propose an alphabet that when clicking "C" it jumps you down to the first letter "C" on the list, clicking "R" jumps you down to the "R's", make sense?

Bad mock-up incoming!

https://i.imgur.com/JmgmFWp.png

Thoughts?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:30 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think most users use folders to organize their collection so I'm not sure how that would work.

If you use folders and you're looking for something but don't remember the name, you can just press the "Contract All" button and navigate the folders, which usually doesn't involve any scrolling.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 04:57 PM

Fair enough, I've never tried using folders/subfolders before, I should probably look into that... currently it's just one HUUUGE long list sorted A-Z, I actually kinda like how it is, but scrolling down to R's then looking for the right word can become a pain sometimes, there's always CTRL+F too, but sometimes you don't know the exact wording or what you are looking for, or there's 500 things with the word "Final" in it, so it doesn't always help.

BTW, totally off-topic but I've always been scared of the whole Manage Albums>Check All>Delete, I wouldn't do it on purpose but what if it were a mis-click, would you guys do a rollback on request for something like that? (this is just to put my mind at ease, lol)
Old Jul 23, 2020, 08:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Our backups are daily, so just don't add all the albums and delete them on the same day