VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:55 AM

There's no discussion for this soundtrack?

Anyway, I'm changing 2-02, "Everyday Tranquility", to "Peaceful Days". This soundtrack's title has it written as 安らぎの日々. In Chrono Trigger, it's やすらぎの日々. This is the same thing, it's just that Chrono Trigger's doesn't use the 安 kanji and writes it in hiragana instead, やす. But 安らぎ and やすらぎ are the exact same word. The strange thing is that Mitsuda did Chrono Trigger and some stuff for this soundtrack... but not that particular song, according to the credits. *shrug*

Also I'm capitalizing the word "through" in track 1-07. Putting words over four letters long not only looks weird, but doesn't follow most popular guidelines, I think (okay who cares about one guideline versus another, it just looks wrong, man).
Old Apr 13, 2013, 05:15 AM

I remember this album once had some bad translations but they didn't make it to VGMdb, so that's perhaps part of why no discussion anymore. Still, "Fight, Then Riot!" has been not corrected, and I don't have any good suggestion either (if any, "Adventure, and Adventure").
Old Apr 13, 2013, 05:35 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Maybe "Action, and (more) Action!"
1.16 "Wipping off the Dust or War" or such
Others I fixed some time ago, but could use some tweaking? (1.08 "Steep Road")
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:10 PM

Yeah I'd noticed you'd made some fixes Dag, but there were still some that I didn't like too much. Although, I get the exact same thing we have for 1-16 when I translate it...

I was more surprised that there was no discussion because it seems to be a fairly popular soundtrack. People seem to really like this soundtrack.
Old May 3, 2018, 05:31 PM

From this bit of discussion here, it sounds like Google Translate couldn't do a worse translation than what's currently on here. "Wilderness Frontier" (or "Frontier of the Wilderness") sounds more likely to be accurate than "Wasteland of Faraway Places" to me, but I know how bad Google Translate can be. Anybody care to give this translation another look?
Old May 3, 2018, 10:31 PM

my personal translation here in case