VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 12, 2019, 04:46 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I added new images for this album. Case Front (large), Case Back (large), booklet (front and back), disc, bonus sticker, Obi (spine), registration card (front & back).

I didn't add images of the large foldout insert with the sheet music since it's identical to the images uploaded for the reprint here: https://vgmdb.net/album/4604

Also, the Obi is still glued to the case (they used to do that back then), so I don't want to risk damaging it when removing it. The "case" images have the front and back of the Obi in them. I added a separate image of the spine of the obi, since that doesn't show up in any of the others.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:52 AM
Trusted Editor

If anyone's interested I had the trusty vgmdb OCR type out the liner notes for this release + ran them through DeepL for translation. I only edited a few wrong translations of the game's titles.

Quote:
『交響曲イースの音楽について』
羽田健太郎

これは私が、コンピューターゲーム「イーこんにち ス」及び「イースⅡ」の音楽をモチーフに交 響曲風にアレンジした作品です。ゲーム音楽 というとポップス的なものの方が似合う様な 気が致しますが、ここではオーケストラの演 奏によるクラシックのスタイルを用いていま す。たとえば、音楽の構成に於ては、交響曲 風に四つの楽章に分かれており、それぞれ 「イース」や「イースⅡ」の音楽を基に、楽 しくアレンジをさせてもらいました。
オーケ ストラのもつ壮大な感じや、ストリングスパ ートによるリリカルな感じは、ポップスとは また違った味わいがあると思います。また、クラシック音楽の形式の中にあっても、現代 的なポップスフィーリングを感じ取っていただければ幸いです。
今回の録音はオーケストラのアレンジでし たので、アレンジ作業には時間が掛かりまし たが、なかなかこの様な大編成で録音する機 会が少なくなっている今日においては、終っ てみると充実した気分になります。最近ではこの様なゲーム音楽が、新しい音 楽ジャンルとして確立して来ている様ですが、今後、この分野における音楽のもつ重要性が 注目されつつあると思います。テレビゲーム が日常生活にこれ程までに入り込んで来てい る現在、そこでいつも耳にする音楽は、いつ の間にか口ずさんでいるかも知れないのです。ゲームをしないでも、その音楽が十分に楽し める形で現われた事は本当に意味のあること だと思います。まだ若い方々も、ゲーム音楽をきっかけに こういうクラシック音楽に触れる機会が多く なり、音楽の素晴らしさを少しでも感じ取っ ていただければと思います。そういった意味 でもこれからこのジャンルでどんどん素晴ら しい音楽が生まれてくる事を期待しています。
Quote:
On the Music of the Symphony Ys.
Kentaro Haneda

This is a piece I arranged in the style of a symphony using the music of the computer games "Ys" and "Ys II" as a motif.

Although I think that pop music is more suitable for game music, I used a classical style with an orchestra. For example, the composition of the music is divided into four symphony-like movements, each based on the music of "Ys" and "Ys II," and arranged in a fun way. The grandeur of the orchestras and the lyrical feel of the string parts are different from pop music. I hope you will also be able to feel the contemporary pop feeling in the classical music form. The recording was an orchestral arrangement, so it took a long time to arrange the music, but it was a very rewarding experience, especially since there are few opportunities to record with such a large ensemble.

Recently, this type of game music seems to be establishing itself as a new genre of music, and I believe that the importance of music in this field will be highlighted in the future. With video games becoming so much a part of our daily lives, the music we hear on these games may be the music we find ourselves humming at any given moment. It is truly significant that the music is now available in a form that can be enjoyed even without playing games.

I hope that young people will have more opportunities to come into contact with classical music through game music, and that they will be able to experience the beauty of music even if only a little. In that sense, I hope that more and more wonderful music will be created in this genre in the future.