VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:02 AM

Default Simple Seller +/- System?

Hey vgmdb-team and guys,

I don't know if someone has actually asked for such system here on vgmdb, but let's give it a try: VGMdb needs a simple Seller Rating System for finished deals.

I've a idea for it but I don't think it would be easy to make: Seller and Buyer agree both via a panel that they will do a deal. The reason for the panel is simple, it's for avoiding abuses due 3rd people. After the deal's done both Seller and Buyer can leave a simple positive or negative note with a short message which should be visible for everyone.

How sounds that?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 03:58 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I'd be interested in hearing what people would like to see with this. There are pluses and minuses for any kind of feedback system. I think a more solid one would be one that wasn't anonymous.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:31 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It's still probably a small percentage of the overall users who even look at the marketplace section though, so even though it would be nice to have some sort of completion mark per transaction, it still might be an underutilized feature.

I've completed about a dozen different sales using the forum here so far.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:20 AM
VGMdb Staff

I don't think we want to get too involved in people's trades and sales at least but a simple forum thread for feedback could be useful.