VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:57 PM

This is the most creative video game soundtrack I've heard. I have been looking for it for a long time. Can Sambreman please let me know how I can get myself a copy.
Old May 23, 2009, 06:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

This is not the original soundtrack of the arcade version of Double Dragon made by Technos but an arranged album
The original one can be hear only on the 7th disc of the "Legend Game Music Vol.2" album.

Anyway I would like to find a copy of this album but I never see it. Which value could it have?
Old May 23, 2009, 07:28 AM

Question Have you tried flea markets?

Are there any flea markets near where you live?

This may sound ridiculously unbelievable, but I got my copy from one I usually go to for vintage games (NES, SNES, Game Boy, etc.). I visited one day just to browse around, and the guy that managed it (and still does to this day) showed me a box full of some "game-related CDs" that he didn't know what to do with. As you may guess, the box was indeed full with VG OSTs, not a whole lot, mind you, but somewhere around 30+. I obviously took advantage of this and that's how I managed to find a copy of this rather elusive soundtrack for a mere $2.50 (near-mint). This happened years ago.

I'm not sure for how much this goes, but I saw an auction last year where an user was auctioning some Double Dragon related material, and this soundtrack (AFAIR) was part of it, among other possible--maybe?--rare stuff. Not sure how the auction ended, though, as I didn't bother to watch it.
Old May 23, 2009, 07:36 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

All i can say is that i don't see it often on YJA.. in fact i can't remember the last time i saw this copy there..
Old May 23, 2009, 08:12 AM

There's a tape version of this thing too!
Old May 23, 2009, 08:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
There's a tape version of this thing too!
I prefer to get the album on CD format, but we'll see.
Just for curiosity is there a specific search field for "tapes" on VGM? From the shoppingmall site I don't see one for tapes but only for CDs/DVDs.
I think this album was also released on vinyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
Are there any flea markets near where you live?

This may sound ridiculously unbelievable, but I got my copy from one I usually go to for vintage games (NES, SNES, Game Boy, etc.). I visited one day just to browse around, and the guy that managed it (and still does to this day) showed me a box full of some "game-related CDs" that he didn't know what to do with. As you may guess, the box was indeed full with VG OSTs, not a whole lot, mind you, but somewhere around 30+. I obviously took advantage of this and that's how I managed to find a copy of this rather elusive soundtrack for a mere $2.50 (near-mint). This happened years ago.

I'm not sure for how much this goes, but I saw an auction last year where an user was auctioning some Double Dragon related material, and this soundtrack (AFAIR) was part of it, among other possible--maybe?--rare stuff. Not sure how the auction ended, though, as I didn't bother to watch it.

Where I live, VGM doesn't exist and I am probably the only italian that buy VGM.
Anyway you have had a big lucky to find it and for that ridocolous price.
This is for sure my favourite first OST that I'm looking for and I hope to find a copy soon.
I will try to check often YJ and learn how to buy from there.

Last edited by depa; May 23, 2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The tape version shows up more often than the cd version

Last edited by Carl; May 23, 2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 09:41 AM

Does anybody know the name of the artist who did the artwork for the album cover? It's the same artwork for the game as well. I'd like to find out.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:00 AM
VGMdb Staff

Guys most of BH12-50xx album series by Apollon have date release errated in the database.
Some of the mini CDs were released after Cassette one then these should be credited the Child album. This is a japanese page with apollon releas; compared with scans available and all confirmed.
A mod should reverted the relationship (Secret Squirrel ready? ).

EDIT:
now I'm correcting date release where are wrong, also correcting prices of the apollon tapes KHY-10xx series;they are all 1000 yen and not 937 (look simple cassette side scan where available).
Corrected prices of mini CD (1200 yen), cassette series KSF-1xxx (most are 2500 yen), apollon cd serie BY30-5xxx (most 3000, others 2812) and added code bar. ALL VERIFIED with scans available on the database
About BY12-5xxx serie (KHY on cassette), my only doubt is: should titles be capitalized? Maybe yes

Last edited by depa; Sep 19, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:28 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thank you for the correction. I'll work on fixing the Parent/Child relationships tonight. Some will be tricky to rehook.

For the capitalization, if every letter in the whole title is capitalized, then we assume that this is purely stylistic (remember that capitalization is not a concept present in Japaense.) If the title contains both upper and lower case letters, then we follow it exactly.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samael View Post
Does anybody know the name of the artist who did the artwork for the album cover? It's the same artwork for the game as well. I'd like to find out.
I know this is a year late, but it's probably Masao Shiroto (白戸 政男, Shiroto Masao), who is apparently credited in the tape's liner notes. He did artwork for most of the Technos games and was the character designer of the Neo-Geo version of Super Dodge Ball.

BTW, does anyone have a scan of the mini-poster included in the tape version that has the liner notes on the back?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:40 AM

Can anyone here who has this provide better scans of the album artwork?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 09:29 AM

Are we sure that Kazunaka Yamane did the arrangements? Does it say it anywhere on the liner notes?