VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:23 PM

How is BLASSREITER related to VGM?
Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:02 PM

It has some VGM composers on it, can be counted as Works and was partly created by the famous multimedia studio Nitro+ (well known for their famous visualnovels, including eroge).

Edit: I'd think about labeling it as "Game Animation & Film", though.

Last edited by Gaia; Sep 11, 2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 02:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
Edit: I'd think about labeling it as "Game Animation & Film", though.
Isn't that for anime and movies that are related to video games, such as FFVII Advent Children? Blassreiter is just an anime.

Anyway, the sound team is credited as "Norihiko Hibino & team GEM" in the booklet, but without any name, whereas the "team GEM" credited for "programming" consists of Norihiko Hibino, Takahiro Izutani, Yoshitaka Suzuki and Takahide Ayuzawa.

Takahiro Izutani was credited along with Norihiko Hibino before I added the new credits, so I guess his involvment was confirmed. Yet, does the "team GEM" mean that Izutani, Suzuki and Ayuzawa were involved as composers too?

(By the way, I don't know if any of you have listened to this, but does "Old Days" remind you of something? I mean, like Radiant Silvergun?)

Last edited by Zanasea; Sep 21, 2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 03:16 AM

In an interview with Original Sound Version on the project, Takahiro Izutani was the only one that was mentioned and it seems like he did most of the score. It's likely the other two contributed in a composing role. Like a lot of music production companies, Norihiko Hibino is usually given the official credit (same applies to Elvandia Story and Yakuza 2), but it's often his co-composers that are behind the compositions.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 03:30 AM

Blassreiter is a really weird name. Directly translated it means "blowrider". I don't get used to japanese people taking german names for their products.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 04:19 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In an interview with Original Sound Version on the project, Takahiro Izutani was the only one that was mentioned and it seems like he did most of the score. It's likely the other two contributed in a composing role. Like a lot of music production companies, Norihiko Hibino is usually given the official credit (same applies to Elvandia Story and Yakuza 2), but it's often his co-composers that are behind the compositions.
I see. I'll change team GEM to Takahiro Izutani, then.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Blassreiter is a really weird name. Directly translated it means "blowrider". I don't get used to japanese people taking german names for their products.
Well, the anime is set in Germany, so I guess that's why.

I'm really glad VGMdb is covering this. Are there any plans to add further artist-related anime albums? I think it'd be cool for occasional anime / film composers although I think the works of major anime composers like the Imagine team would be best omitted.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:01 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well, the anime is set in Germany, so I guess that's why.

I'm really glad VGMdb is covering this. Are there any plans to add further artist-related anime albums? I think it'd be cool for occasional anime / film composers although I think the works of major anime composers like the Imagine team would be best omitted.
If Blassreiter and Romeo x Juliet are covered, maybe we should cover Dan Doh!! and Gokujo Seitokai (both by Shimomura) too?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:17 AM

A few others that leap to mind are Ah! My Goddess (Uematsu with Hamaguchi), Pugyuru (Mitsuda), those Motoi Sakuraba anime soundtracks, and perhaps Koichi Sugiyama's early anime works.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:42 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I guess I'll add the A!MG movie (Uematsu contributed 3 songs, Hamaguchi contributed the rest of the score) and the recent A!MG TV soundtracks (all by Hamaguchi, except the theme songs which involved Kouhei Tanaka among others).
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:17 PM

Doing a bit more research on this mainly from the OSV interview, I'm pretty sure all four members of GEM Impact had composition roles. I think Hibino and Izutani had the biggest roles though.

I'm not sure about covering the Ah! My Goddess TV soundtracks. Hamaguchi and Tanaka have featured on a large number of other anime soundtracks so it'd open the door to covering those too. That'd be interesting, but demanding and maybe not as relevant.