VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 2, 2012, 09:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Default JVC-9003-2: Tekken

Should Sony PlayStation really be in the list of platforms represented? From what I can tell, the only thing that seems to differ between this and VICL-15039, are the few bonus remixes added here.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

If the bonus tracks are just arrangements, then you could argue that it could be an arrangement of any version of those tracks from any platform that existed at the time of the arrangement. If those tracks are remixes, then it depends on whether the Arcade or PS version is in the remix. If it's the arcade track, then yeah, the PS should be removed.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Well, I think it would be impossible to tell actually, since the PSX tracks pretty much just sounds remastered in comparison to the Arcade tracks.

Anyway, I just wanted to properly link this, and the decision is kind of hard to make. What do you suggest, SS?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, they probably remixed the arcade tracks, since they are on the album, so it would be fine to just link to the Arcade version.

An alternative that might not be the best choice here, but may be useful in other cases, is to link to Tekken twice -- 1) link to arcade Release, soundtrack; 2) link to Title, arrange. I think this is something we will need to do to clarify some albums.