VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:04 AM

Could it be? Smash Bros' first studio track?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:55 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMAGFest View Post
Could it be? Smash Bros' first studio track?
Indeed, it looks like it!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:42 PM

Might want to add this to sites:

http://www.konamistyle.jp/ecitem/item46080.html
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:15 PM

You may want to link Masanori Adachi, Tappy Iwase, and Miki Higashino as composers. The_Winged_Alien is reused (barely arranged) from "The Showdown", track 11 on Contra Spirits.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 04:55 AM

I have my Contra: Dual Spirits soundtrack available for sell in the marketplace now and have had some questions about its rarity and value. Does anyone here have an opinion of a fair estimate of what this is worth, coming from the Konamistyle store and in such limited quantity? Thanks in advance!

"You returned here again? You can't beat me even though you challenge repeatedly."
-Mr. Wardner
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:22 PM

I think a "fair price" sort of depends on who you're talking to. Some people think that 600-700 dollars is a "fair price" for certain "rare" CDs, but others would never pay that much for a CD, period, regardless of how "rare" it is. But, here are some things to consider.

Original price: How much was this originally? In this case, 4704 yen. That's basically $60 now, if you want to convert to USD.

Condition: This will basically affect the original price. If it's still brand new, it's perfectly sensible to ask for the original price, since that was the price it was sold for brand new. If it's used, you shouldn't charge as much as when it was new.

Rarity: This is the bullshit factor that people jack up the price into the hundreds for. However, if a CD is old/rare, it is fair to ask a little more for it, since it's harder to find. However, even limited edition enclosure soundtracks dating back to over 20 years ago are still only going for 500 yen. I bought Cosmic Psycho 8 months ago for 500 yen in great condition, and it's still going for that much today, so if something that obscure is only going for 500 yen, a fair price isn't going to charge excessive amounts of money just because something is "rare".
Shipping & Handling: How much will it cost to ship to your buyer? This one's pretty obvious.

That's what I would base things off of, anyway. If you want a fair price, it shouldn't be about how much money you can get for it, because you can probably get a lot. If you want some great prices, look at people like the_miker, Xenofan 29A and Chudah to get an idea of how sensible game soundtracks can be.
Old May 22, 2014, 10:22 AM

I recently bought one for 5,000 yen from YJA. I recall having seen listings with starting bids at 10,000, so I feel I did pretty well. I found this while looking for Contra Spirits and the auction didn't have a picture. I thought it was Contra Spirits until I read the description. While this could use more arrange tracks, because of the short play time, it is worth obtaining since Contra is severely neglected (even Twinbee has more arrange albums). There really should be a Midi Power Contra and a Pro Fusion Contra.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 02:21 PM

----------

Last edited by Zake; Sep 7, 2014 at 06:23 PM.