VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:47 AM

Got more scans of this one here: http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lost...v_sh4-jpn-ost2

The catalog number is listed as well.

EDIT: KMJ 00031 is actually written without the "-". It's at the end of the bottom line of text on the disc.

Last edited by Anders; Nov 21, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 09:07 AM

a lot of catalog numbers have no -, and it's still added by numerous online shops and other sites
Old Nov 21, 2010, 09:14 AM

... and in many cases where there's no "-" in the code printed on the disc/artwork, the code written in the disc matrix code will have it, the code written on the release may be different from the one given on the official website of the publisher, or online retailers as you say.

Basically, nobody, including the publishers, care about the small details like that except for collectors who catalog the items. I don't know how much this site cares, but I mentioned it just in case.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 09:28 AM
VGMdb Administrator

There was a discussion about this once, and I believe the consensus was that adding the dash was fine as long as it's consistent across a set of releases under the same stem / publisher.

From what I've seen, publishers are usually inconsistent about dashes, spaces and zero-padding even across the same stem We standardize them for cataloging purposes, though I guess it could be useful to have a field for catalog number variations.