VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:37 PM

Does anyone know who did the BGM to this?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 04:15 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Here's a site that shows the soundtrack CD was a bonus item with the first press version of the game.

CAUTION: Some of the images on the site are NSFS!

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=83361&gc=gc
Old Aug 28, 2019, 08:49 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I got a sealed copy of this, so I added an image of it before I opened it. There was nothing on the back of the case, no insert or anything, so I didn't include a sealed picture of that. I'm not sure if it's standard practice on this site to add sealed images, but my reasoning is that sometimes it's difficult to confirm whether a release like this ever had a booklet, an insert, or what kind of CD case it came in. Having an image of a sealed copy puts that to rest and will help people know whether the copy they have—or are thinking about buying—has anything missing.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Aug 28, 2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 08:51 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladatree View Post
Does anyone know who did the BGM to this?
I did a ton of searching and can't find any information about the composers for the game. I did find information for the anime series, but when I contacted the composer, Kazuhiko Sawaguchi, on Twitter, he confirmed that he did not do the music for the game and unfortunately didn't know who did.

If someone has this game, they could check the staff roll. If anyone owns a copy of this one and the anime soundtrack, they could listen for shared themes, but that's about as good as we can do I think.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Sep 12, 2019 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added info about the composer for the anime not being the same as the game
Old Sep 12, 2019, 02:49 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I added a rōmaji tracklist. Tracks 3~9 are characters' names. I was able to verify the readings of 3~7 since they are listed on the Wikipedia page for the game/anime (https://bit.ly/2lNQbtB). However, 鍋島綾 and 蒲生大助 were not listed.

鍋島綾 is almost certainly Nabeshima Aya, though the first name could be Ryou if it's a male character.

There are various readings for the surname 蒲生, so I just chose one. Their first name, 大助, is almost certainly Daisuke.

Track 10, 桃糸, is another strange one. I'm not sure what it's referring to so I just went with Momoito, though I suppose it could be read Toushi.

The rest of them were fairly straightforward, but did require a bit of research as they were referring to historical things that I needed to look up.

There may be some rōmaji spacing conventions that VGMdb uses that I'm not aware of. For example, do you put a space between the adjective and "na" in な-adjectives? And how about words like in tracks 23 (神秘なる煌き) and 26 (妖艶なる刻) where the なる comes right after the noun/adjective. In the rōmaji, do you put a space between the noun/adjective and "naru", or attach it?

If anyone finds any problems, please feel free to correct them. This is a great soundtrack and I thought it deserved a little more love on its VGMdb page.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Sep 12, 2019 at 04:12 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 04:17 AM

there is furigana for the jap making some readings as appeared in the romaji tracklist?
like kagayaki instead of kirameki, kiza instead of toki, shoujo instead of otome

(shichiyou, not shichou btw)
where does "kyousha" come from? it's not in the jap track 2
Old Sep 12, 2019, 05:03 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
there is furigana for the jap making some readings as appeared in the romaji tracklist?
like kagayaki instead of kirameki, kiza instead of toki, shoujo instead of otome

(shichiyou, not shichou btw)
where does "kyousha" come from? it's not in the jap track 2
Thanks for the response and feedback.

I don't have access to the tracklist other than what was put in by the person who originally added this soundtrack, so I'm not sure if there is any furigana to help with readings. I just guessed for a few of them that have multiple readings. I bought the CD separate from the game and it only came with the disc. My guess is that the tracklist was printed on some other material inside the special edition game box. Any of the alternate readings you suggested above could be accurate, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

"shichou" was a mistake. As was the "kyousha". I have no idea why I wrote that there. Both of those should be fixed.

Also, I found a source for more character names. 蒲生大助 should be がもうだいすけ.

桃糸 is actually a character's name and should be とうし

Here's the source for these names. There are some NSFW images at this link:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=83361&gc=gc

If you have the ability to delete track lists, could I ask you to submit one with these changes and delete the old one, please? Otherwise I can do it. Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 07:06 AM

no need to delete it, just editing is enough (I can do it tho)
Old Sep 12, 2019, 01:01 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
no need to delete it, just editing is enough (I can do it tho)
Thanks for that! I like some of the other formatting changes you’ve made as well. Looks very clean. I’ll follow your example if I do another one of these rōmaji tracklists.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 01:09 PM

I'm looking forward to "clean" your next romaji tracklist ;.)