VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 30, 2008, 02:27 PM

I remember Carl digging this one up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions some years ago. Funny stuff. Copy pasted from my notes:

Contrary to what the title might lead us to expect, this tape doesn't contain any Famicom music except for some snippets of Super Mario Brothers in track 5. The song "Mori no Kuma-san" also makes an appearance there. All tracks were newly created for this cassette on a synthesizer.

These are image tracks, representing 9 game genres, that are supposed to help to better immerse oneself in a game in order to get higher scores.

The music is preceded by some explaining commments, narrated by Rie Fujiwara.

If you know Japanese it's worth to check this article for a (very entertaining) in-depth review: http://permit13.at.infoseek.co.jp/gm/gm970903.htm

A little extra info on how this cassette is supposed to work:

First you pick one of the 9 genres the individual tracks represent that best suits the game you want to get better at. While listening to the music (either while playing a game or doing something else) you should work your imagination.

This enables you to become one with the game's protagonist.

You become able to to wield hidden "Bionic Power".

With this power you can get high scores.

Any insight on what パロウィン (track 5) could mean would be appreciated (the writer of the article I linked to earlier is sadly as clueless about this one as I am...).