VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 13, 2022, 06:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
submitted staff list based on booklet: https://media.vgm.io/albums/31/1213/1213-1163802821.jpg

kanji left in place for staff members not on the site already
@mudkipNDS

Our role system is really flexible, and when we credit any japanese roles, we use the japanese text for the role name, as printed in the booklet. For example, we would use 総合指揮 instead of Chief Producer.

There are some additional problems with this album though, as it looks like the roles transcribed to the notes aren't correct. For example, Special Thanks is actually 制作協力 which we list in our role library as Production Assistance. I think every one of them is potentially wrong, but I only fixed 2 of them. Do you have the skills and time to go through this and extract the actual roles?

BTW, whenever you find a role that isn't in our library, you can request it here: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread....604#post104604

EDIT: See CHz's post below, but this album is a weird case where the roles are some stylization. The roles listed in the notes are probably the best we can do, so you don't need to do anything further.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 08:19 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Most of the staff roles on that album are kinda funky as a stylistic choice; I'm pretty sure when I transcribed those notes I cross-referenced the staff with other Konami albums and translated the roles as they'd normally be given, not more literally based on the kanji (like going with production management for 製作補佐 instead of production assistant, based on https://vgmdb.net/album/1211 for example).

Just as an explanation for discrepancies, not saying they shouldn't be adjusted

Last edited by CHz; Jan 13, 2022 at 08:26 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 08:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That makes sense, and explains why these role names are so strange, and most of them aren't even in the role list. I changed Chief Producer back to Executive Producer, which matches the role on the other albums.