VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 7, 2013, 03:10 AM
VGMdb Staff

Was "Taigaa Masuku" official somewhere, depa?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 03:18 AM

I just think it's his way to romanize things
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:45 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
Was "Taigaa Masuku" official somewhere, depa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
I just think it's his way to romanize things
I don't think you know the anime guys; do you ever know the intro song of the anime or the anime itself?? I don't think so. > Listen at 0:36 before accusing someone...... It clearly say "Yuke, Yuke Taigaa Masuku" or simple listen any japanese episode of the anime available (EXAMPLE HERE AT 3:08 OR 3:20) on the tube and LISTEN what is "official"...... or ask to any japanese if they call "Tiger Mask" or "Taigaa Masaku".

Last edited by depa; Jan 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:18 AM
VGMdb Staff

How is typical Japanese pronounciation of foreign words important? What I meant is if this was actually, officially written using alphabet as taigaa masuku, that's all. We never use literal transliteration of foreign words, unless it is officially written like that (e.g. http://vgmdb.net/album/36332 dorama instead of drama), you should be very well aware of that...
Of course they will, like 99% of the time say taigaa masuku, it's completely expected and normal, I don't really imagine to hear 'taɪɡə mæsk' for god's sake. But that has no importance when typing (album/track etc.) titles. I really didn't expect this man ffs
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:00 AM
VGMdb Staff

I still don't understand your point........... No Tiger Mask album has officially written "Taigaa Masuku" from what I know of course but it's not an apology.
"Officially" the name of the character is Taigaa Masuku.... end of story... it's a JAPANESE anime, they call officially Taigaa Masuku (on music, on episodes, on live exibition). You'll never find a japanese that call him Tiger Mask....
Why do you romanize "the MAYA BEE ADVENTURE" to "Mitsubachi Maya no Bouken" so? I don't find any evidence japanese officially write this anywhere..... Where's coherency?

Last edited by depa; Jan 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:23 AM
VGMdb Staff

First, what apology or such, we're not to do that lol
Second, we're just supposed to follow vgmdb guidelines, it's even in the edit album screen tooltip, that's why we never have imeeji arubamu for image album, basic stuff, applies to all. That is my point.
Third, みつばちマーヤの冒険 is on the damn cover so romanization mitsubachi maya no bouken follows.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:07 AM
VGMdb Staff

I'm here from 2007, I've always used vgmdb guidelines... right? Never used any "imeeji arubamu" or any "originaru saouno obu" ecc..... why don't you look my old submission before criticize me?
Anyway I will imagine site visitors will puke reading "Yuke, yuke Tiger Mask".... lol; still don't agree and understand but this is life, worst things can happen so I don't worry.
Also don't worry I will not submit romanization anymore.....
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

How have you connected that I was directing 'arubamu' and the likes at you? It was just a bloody random example. No literal transliteration of foreign words, it could be soundtrack, tiger, freakin' shark/dinosaur/whatever. If there is most likely katakana available, romanization should be original loan word, unless there's official latin alphabet writing that proves otherwise (or just confirms expected). ...or maybe katakana is a bit unusual and points to some pun, that also can happen (and it happened) And now you won't romanize stuff?
Discussions at vgmdb... god damn it

Last edited by Efendija; Jan 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:58 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think Tiger Mask is actually official anyway:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Mask_vol_1.jpg
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:26 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I think Tiger Mask is actually official anyway:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Mask_vol_1.jpg
Well "this is a proof" even if it comes from the original japanese comic I think. It surprises me and is opposite to what I've say before but it a proof..