VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:56 PM

Steam and Bandcamp has different release date: 23 vs 24 of April accordingly. I've taken Steam release as a primary one. Tracklists also differ in track order.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 02:48 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

You should have taken Bandcamp i think.
It's not set in stone, but in this kind of case, i think commercial releases should be taken over an enclosed release.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 08:11 AM

I preferred Steam's one because of an earlier release date and complete tracklist. It's updated on Bandcamp already, all the tracks and track lengths now.
Should I add Steam's tracklist since they differ, by the way?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 04:56 PM

I would think the Bandcamp one should take president because isn't that page setup by the musician, whereas the Steam's store page is created by the game dev/publisher, the musician probably knows his own stuff more, that make it 'more' official.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 01:04 PM

The release in Bandcamp and on the Steam software are different. there is no track "Coming up now" I have file names that are different, typically I have two rhythmortis (one lobby extended remix, the other lobby filtered remix), while only one of them appears for the same album in Bandcamp.

Can anyone explain me the difference and tell me how I can organize my music properly please?

Thanks