VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 7, 2010, 08:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Is there an official precedent for the new capitalization? It differs from most sources that I know:

http://popolocrois.agetec.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PoPoLoCrois
Old May 9, 2010, 05:35 PM

As far as I know, there isn't an official capitalization for the original JP games, and it could be argued that the bigger letters in the title are more decorative than an indicative of how the game's name should be written.

However, it should be noted that I chose the spelling as PopoloCrois because of two facts:

1) It isn't grating to the eyes in comparison to having most of the consonants capitalized (which I wonder what Agetec had in their mind when they chose that spelling).

2) Because it separates the two words that form the title (Popolo, which is Italian for people, and Croix, which is French for cross, implying that the title means "crossing of people").

However, I can't say that it comes from any American official source. Plus, the Agetec website isn't 100% reliable either, given that they use three different spellings in the texts that describe the game, and in the page title.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:44 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It looks like most of the anime albums use PopoloCrois. I've accepted all the new changes, except for the game albums that had a different English formatting specified on the front or obi.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquagon View Post

2) Because it separates the two words that form the title (Popolo, which is Italian for people, and Croix, which is French for cross, implying that the title means "crossing of people").

but Crois isn't Croix
nobody uses "Crois" as meaning for "Croix"
and mixing italian with french is weird
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
but Crois isn't Croix
nobody uses "Crois" as meaning for "Croix"
and mixing italian with french is weird
That's the official meaning as stated by the creator.