VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 7, 2010, 08:37 AM
VGMdb Advisor

According to GAME Watch, Field Tracks will have 8 tracks and Battle Tracks, 9. So... there is no way the entire soundtrack is included in these two albums. What's more, the official announcement refers to them as "mini albums". I wonder why they made them, and not a complete soundtrack.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 08:58 AM

I guess SQEX decided to delay a full soundtrack released for the PS3 version (which will be the choice of more than half of users) since only die-hard VGM fans would purchase an MMORPG soundtrack they don't play yet, but at the same time, SQEX didn't want to miss the opportunity to sell soundtracks to PC users, even if it's just 1~2k.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 09:52 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Well, it's Final Fantasy AND Nobuo Uematsu after all, so I thought it would be very popular... but you are probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
the PS3 version (which will be the choice of more than half of users)
Is this just you speculating or are there actual polls or surveys that reveal that?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
Well, it's Final Fantasy AND Nobuo Uematsu after all, so I thought it would be very popular...
As FFXI sold less than 10k and both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey even didn't make the Oricon list (unless I missed them), it might not sell well, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
Is this just you speculating or are there actual polls or surveys that reveal that?
My guess, since it was pretty much the case with the XI in Japan (while the PC version apparently has been preferred in US/EU). I don't swear it, especially because I'd definitely select the PC If I ever should play the game.