VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 31, 2020, 07:07 PM

Default Help Identifying Anime/Video Game Music in Other Media

Hello! This is my first post on this forum, so if anything is out of place, I apologize in advance (I wasn't quite sure exactly where to put this thread given its nature). I'd like to start off by saying thank you to everyone here for archiving so much information for animation and game soundtracks in one convenient place on the Internet; for projects that myself (see below) and others have been working with, it is very helpful!

My question regards something which I feel is a bit unorthodox, but please hear me out. I am a fan of Japanese variety shows, most notably Sasuke (known as Ninja Warrior in much of the rest of the world), and one of the most interesting things about this and its related programs is that many of them don't just use stock music; instead, background music (BGM) which they incorporate into many broadcasts can range from a variety of sources, including animation and video game soundtracks. Over the years, I have spent countless hours doing research on finding certain (often recurring) pieces of BGM, and have even compiled a spreadsheet of over 700 songs used on Sasuke alone. That being said, there are still some prominent songs used on the show which have gone unknown to fans for years (even through independent research, asking Japanese fans, and using various music identification apps), and therefore I was curious if anyone here would be willing to lend their time in helping our community identify a few specific BGMs. If allowed here, I can even provide some fairly clear, edited YouTube audio clips of some of these songs. Thank you in advance!