VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 2, 2010, 07:58 PM

So, I've read that Hibachi is on the first loop of the black label and have heard rumors of a secret boss. This OST seems to suggest that. I really can't imagine anything harder than Hibachi at the moment...

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Zatsuza is all about...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:20 AM

Yeah I noticed that track a while ago when the album was submitted. It's kind of surprising but expected at the same time. Certainly, something even harder would be hard to visualize. As it stands, either you 1life it the whole way through (some ship types don't even have bombs) or you build your RED mode gauge to max (which is probably even worse) to actually get to recharge your Hyper gauge and cancel bullets.
Another thing I noticed is that there actually are variations to Stage2, 3 and 4 themes, just like the original. I'm glad they kept that concept, but I also hope they feature some homages to previous songs in the series just like in White Label.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I guess we'll have to wait and see what Zatsuza is all about...
Zatsuza still can be some kinds of Hibachi because "Zatsuza" is a Caesar cipher (like "]-[|/34<#!" being a leet spelling of Hibachi).

Zatsuza
Abutvab
Bcvuwbc
Cdwvxcd
Dexwyde
Efyxzef
Fgzyafg
Ghazbgh
Hibachi
Old Feb 6, 2010, 03:59 AM

Have you been around cave-stg.com by any chance, Cedille?
It's also been mentioned there that in 2ch people are speculating about the same theory.
While it's not "definite" proof (no one has made it appear after the EX boss, as of yet I think), the evidence points clearly to one single direction...

Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:01 AM

Default CVST-0012: DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU BLACK LABEL Original Sound Track

Zatsuza is indeed a hidden boss track. I won't spoil what it sounds like, however.

As for the rest of the soundtrack, I absolutely love it. It's so catchy and the various styles make it worthwhile. I really really enjoyed the white label version, but I enjoy this one so much more. Presentiment speaks for itself.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:33 AM

I love "Xanadu".

Another noteworthy thing is that Cave finally starts providing the composer breakdown (we can still credit the 13th and the 16th track to Kudo and Naimiki, respectively). This kind of information was previously only implied by the liner notes from each composer or even the game magazine (Pink Sweet, although I suspect the VGMdb's current entry is incomplete), but based on what little I read, I think this was mostly because of the distance between Cave and the original composers. Hope composers can control more things in the future. Namiki still seemed to be dissatisfied with the distribution style and the mastering.

Last edited by Cedille; Mar 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:38 AM

Yeah, "Xanadu" is another great one. It's a shame that it is Chiba's sole contribution. I'd love to see her work on a game like Mushihimesama 3, should that ever come into being.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 01:59 PM

I'm thinking the same but with Yoshimi Kudo instead (although I also liked Chiba's work here as well). I'm becoming a big fan of his work, I think he would do a really good job if Cave decided to go back to more mecha and/or militaristic themed games like Ketsui someday (hopefully).
"Presentiment" steals the show for me; the first half needs some getting used to, but the second half is priceless with that guitar. "Mercilesness" is also a nice even more insane rendition of the classic Hibachi boss theme.
I really really like Namiki's stuff here too. His songs here have a really classic feel to them; makes me think of Garegga and Armed Police Batrider for some reason.

Old Mar 19, 2010, 01:31 PM

Added full scans and further credits. I'll be uploading scans for the Guwange Arrange and ESPGaluda II 360 albums, as well, on the next coming days.

Man, is it a delight to finally listen to this on cd instead of the low quality nicodouga videos. I'd make some more comments, but I wouldn't do it justice; electronica perfection from start to finish.

Old Mar 20, 2010, 05:31 PM

I managed to find this one on ebay, along with the Guwange arrange album. They were quite expensive ($145 shipped for both), but not as bad as the $150+ some Cave albums are going for (like the Death Smiles OST).

I have to wait a few more days yet. It is painful.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:13 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
we can still credit the 13th and the 16th track to Kudo and Naimiki, respectively
The album notes state that Noriyuki Kamikura composed track 13. Also, they list no composer info for track 16; only "piano music arranger" Kimihiro Abe. Can you figure out what the problem is here?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:41 PM

"Sally" is the greatest thing ever. Really digging "Vertex" too.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
The album notes state that Noriyuki Kamikura composed track 13. Also, they list no composer info for track 16; only "piano music arranger" Kimihiro Abe. Can you figure out what the problem is here?
Well, as you also said elsewhere, attributing uncredited artists/identifying source tunes of arranged tracks by ears could be discussed, so I kept the note the same as how the booklet stated. Still, the introduction of the 13th track is taken from "Longhena Cantata" (which is also confirmed by the liner note) and the 16th track is the arrangement of the main motif of the first game (or "2008 AD, Tokyo" as a whole). Therefore, we could technically give Kudo and Namiki the credits for those. Other websites (such as this) decide to provide a more detailed credit.
Old May 11, 2010, 01:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I have "Vertex" stuck in my head right now. I really like the aggressive section that starts each loop of the track.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:04 AM

Has anyone heard the 16 unused tracks on the 360 port game disc (the actual game disc, not the arrange CD that comes with the LE)? Can anyone confirm that they are different arrangements from the tracks on the BL OST and the arrange album that comes with the LE?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:22 PM

I had no idea about that. Did you listen to them? Could it be possible they are the same tracks as the exclusive iPhone port soundtrack? It's feasible, but weird they haven't said about it by now.

Old Dec 5, 2010, 01:48 AM

I have just found out that it's the music from the Black Label CD (not the iPhone release sadly).
Old Dec 5, 2010, 05:48 AM

Well, that pretty much confirms the BL game modes are already in the game disc, and we will buying just a key activation.

(On another note, I really wish they would let you play vanilla DFK with the BL music. That'd be awesome)

Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:25 AM

According to Cave's blog, Black Label Xbox 360 port (the packaging version only) features the arrange mode and its soundtrack is actually the new stuff from Virt. So DFK has four soundtracks revealed so far (WL, BL, iPhone and 360 exclusive mode). Which means he is the arranger of that Ketsui track, maybe.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:28 AM

Yes, that remix is by Virt, according to Umemoto.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:02 AM

Apparently the Virt album is getting an album release?

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/b...post-3cdf.html
Old Apr 10, 2021, 05:31 AM
Trusted Editor

Flotage (Stage3-A) is soooooo damn good! Love it