VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 12, 2014, 01:18 PM
Trusted Editor

I translated this tracklist and I'm confident in most of the tracks except 1, 12 and 37.

1 I think is a chinese idiom (http://baike.baidu.com/view/196145.htm) so I tried to translate the idiom as best I could.
12 I'm not sure if it's totally correct but it's the best I could piece together from translation sources. It doesn't appear to be a character name
37 I don't really know what the nari does at the end of a noun and without any additional nouns so I just winged it.
Old May 16, 2014, 05:51 AM
Trusted Editor

I picked this up on a whim because I haven't seen Minako Seki active in quite some time and I really, really enjoyed TearRingSaga and Berwick Saga soundtracks. If you like either of those, you'll enjoy this. It's essentially the same style of orchestration but with real instrumentation instead of the PS synth. Really fantastic work.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:22 PM

I've had both Saga soundtracks for five years along with the rest of the Fire Emblem CD's. Had no intention or idea why they were in my collection but thats how the lady sold the package to me. I'm really happy I had the choiceless opportunity to collect them all. While listening to the ost's, I've found Seki had composed most the appealing pieces. Kaga made a wise choice in picking her out for scoring his games. I think she did even better under Hirotoh Saitoh's direction.

Again, as a fan of Hidenori Shoji, I came to like her contribution to the Yakuza 4 ost, and its very reminiscent of her work on the Saga series. Her instruments were greatly enhanced.

Thank you dancey for the input, I will have to put some real search on her work. I'd like to do the same for Saitoh.