VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
VGMdb Staff

!!!

Also, info taken from ebiten. I'm not sure to what extent the composer info is known here - all I know is that Miyauchi did the first game. Knowing Wave Master, we should know soon enough though.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:04 PM
VGMdb Administrator

WAVE MASTER I FUCKING LOVE YOU

Also, I don't know how inclusive this will be (obviously I'm hoping for every version of the music ever), but here's what I know:

Fantasy Zone (ARC): Hiro
Fantasy Zone (SMS port): Tokuhiko Uwabo
Fantasy Zone (1987 Sunsoft NES port): Naohisa Morota
Fantasy Zone (1989 Tengen NES port): Masaharu Iwata
Super Fantasy Zone (GEN): Naoki Kodaka (original tracks), and there are tracks from Fantasy Zone as well, presumably ported by him too

As far as I remember, FZII and FZ: The Maze didn't have end credits.

Did I mention how giddy I am right now
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:29 PM
VGMdb Administrator

WHERE IS MY SONIC BOXSET, WAVE MASTER
Old Sep 18, 2008, 04:09 PM
VGMdb Staff

I think it's intended to be 'Maxim' (マキシム) and not 'Maximum' (マクシマム, マキシマム).
Old Sep 18, 2008, 04:16 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The album itself says "Maximum" instead of "Maxim," even though it uses マキシム in the katakana.

Unfortunately, there's minimal composer credits in the booklet. I'm trying to dig up what I can.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 03:03 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Okay, anything I left credited to "SEGA" is something I couldn't find credits for. More details:

Fantasy Zone Development Sample Demo Tune - I assume Hiro did this, but it's a development version track so...

Fantasy Zone (SEGA AGES 2500 Vol. 3) - Original tracks and an arrangement of ROUND UP for SPECIAL STAGE for the PS2 release.

BLACK JACK (Medal Game) - An upcoming blackjack arcade game from Sega includes this lounge arrangement, arranger unknown.

Virtua Striker 4 - Awesome crowd cheer arrangement of the stage 1 theme by whoever did the music to VS4.

Opa Opa/Fantasy Zone: The Maze - Composer unknown, although most of the tracks are just arrangements from FZ. The SMS version doesn't have end credits, but I don't know about the arcade version.

Fantasy Zone II (Mark III/SMS) - Composer unknown, again no end credits. They're original tunes, and if I were to guess I'd say Bo composed them.

Fantasy Zone II (System 16 Version)/Fantasy Zone II DX - Fantasy Zone II was initially designed for the SMS, and the arcade version was pretty much exactly the same. This is a brand new arcade version, made on the same System 16 hardware the original FZ used. Namiki did the music, which mostly arranges FZII, and so has an unknown composer. The arrangements are so liberal though that they might as well be original compositions by Namiki. The stage 5 theme in particular, I couldn't find any trace at all of the original stage 5 theme. In fact, it's much more an arrangement of DREAMING TOMORROW from the original Fantasy Zone. There are some other FZ reprises as well, and some original tracks.

Galactic Protector - All original music, and I can't emulate it because it requires special hardware, so I don't know if the game has credits or not.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 03:23 PM

I've been listening to this for a while, and it's grown on me quite heavily. (I can't believe I've been missing on it for so long).
I've tried hunting around a bit, but it seems it's sold out everywhere except for cham_des_pins which has a copy for 70$. So what I wanted to ask is: is his asking price realistic? I don't know for how much the album sells nowadays, and 70$ is a bit steep.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 04:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Considering the original retail is $50, I wouldn't consider $70 all that steep.
Mine was already sold to a friend earlier, sorry.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 01:22 AM

Hmmmm, I see... I feel it's quite worth it, but still a little bit expensive purchase. I guess I'll go ahead anyway, those extra bucks would probably end up on some middleman, were I to go look for it on YAJ (and even there it's not that common to pop up).
Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Mine was already sold to a friend earlier, sorry.
Hahah, don't worry. Thanks anyway

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!