VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:21 PM
VGMdb Advisor

So this looks awesome.

Has anyone seen it up for preorder anywhere? I'd be happy to manually add purchase links. Haven't found one yet, but I was only searching by catalog #
Old Oct 19, 2017, 02:04 PM
VGMdb Staff

It's on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B076JYBLPF/

And yeah, Game Symphony Japan is awesome. It would be great if more of their concerts were released on CD or Blu-ray.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 04:56 PM

Just pre-ordered it yesterday but i have a question: is it a "limited" print or something like that ? I love Persona but i find price a bit too high for a Blu-ray: 7,700 JPY (9,400 JPY with shipping + import fees) while NiER Automata Blu-ray dropped from 6,000 JPY to 4,000 JPY.
Don't want to miss it but if it's not a limited run i will wait for a 25% discount like i usually do with CDs on Amazon Japan.

And while i am here i have the same question for NieR:Automata/NieR Gestalt & Replicant Original Soundtrack Vinyl Box(完全生産限定盤) [Analog] : limited or not ? Heard Vinyl of Japanese games are not very common so...

I know it's always very easy to find CDs on Amazon Japan and they almost never run out of stock but when it comes to Blu-ray and Vinyl i am a bit lost.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 05:07 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Ditto, glad to see Game Symphony Japan getting some official video!
I would love to see one of their SEGA themed concerts, personally...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:12 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Just pre-ordered it yesterday but i have a question: is it a "limited" print or something like that?
The official website doesn't say anything about it being limited: http://mastardrecords.com/artist/gsj...phy/post-105-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Ditto, glad to see Game Symphony Japan getting some official video!
I would love to see one of their SEGA themed concerts, personally...
In case you don't know, a song from their SEGA concert was included on the Puyo Puyo 25th Anniversary CD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuAzRzSUvPs

It's a nice taste of what we're missing out on.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 04:18 PM

Thanks for answer and nice if it's not limited but since price dropped by 26% i don't need to wait anymore
Old Dec 11, 2017, 03:56 PM

Got my copy today and a bit disappointed by the packaging: just a basic Blu-ray box, expected something like NiER Automata or even better since its more exepensive (+2,000 JPY)
Old Dec 11, 2017, 04:12 PM
VGMdb Staff

If there's credits, would you be able to scan or take a picture of them?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 06:02 PM

Theres a small booklet inside with mostly pictures and "Staff Credit" at the end, can scan the entire thing if you want, same for the Blu-ray cover.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 06:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'll be doing full scans at some point. (when it arrives, basically...)
Old Dec 12, 2017, 04:16 AM

OK, will let you do it then ^_^
Old Jan 12, 2018, 01:17 PM
Trusted Editor

- Updated album info/artists from inserts

Out of curiosity, can you really attribute the concert arrangements on the uncredited tracks? I didn't look that hard but I assume someone just pulled the arrangement credits from the albums they originally appear on but that isn't the same thing as a live concert orchestration or arrangement, so are they valid?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 01:35 PM
VGMdb Staff

GSJ provides some composer/arranger credits on their website: http://gamesymphony.jp/concert/2016/21th.html

However, they don't list the encore/bonus tracks so that's why we're missing some information. I guess you're saying that they didn't provide any info on this release?

Last edited by cal; Jan 12, 2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 02:07 PM
Trusted Editor

Correct, they did not. I'm not questioning the credits I'm questioning applying arranger credits to tracks on this album that are not specifically credited in those website credits.

There is only 27 tracks on the website, and 39 in the release itself, so the 13 uncredited tracks shouldn't have arranger credits applied or inferred, no? You can infer composer from the previous release, because composer never changes, but I assume that anyone could have arranged the tracks for live orchestra, and thus someone arranging the track on a previous release doesn't mean that it was arranged for this release.

The album info lists "28~31, 36~39 arranger unknown" so that's only 8 tracks of the 13 tracks not credited on the website, which means 5 tracks had an arranger either inferred or pulled from somewhere else. I guess I'm asking if that's appropriate or not.

Bear in mind I am not that familiar with the Persona series that much so maybe I'm missing some songs that are the same song but a different name on another series or something.

Until Ramza gets his HQ scans up, here's the only meaningful credit page: https://unsee.cc/514c888f/
Old Jan 12, 2018, 02:20 PM
Trusted Editor

- Added English tracklist. Took track titles from other releases in the series and since I don't have a familiarity with the series, some may be wrong.

Also, in doing that I answered my own question. There are a handful of duplicated songs because of the two extra concerts included in 33 ~ 39, so that makes more sense.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 02:45 PM
Trusted Editor

Okay I think I have somewhat of a better understanding now.

- Added Toshiko Tasaki as a composer (M7, according to website credits)

The only question I have about arrangement is how Ayana Tsujita (M33) and Souhei Kano (M34) are credited as arrangers. Ayana Tsujita arranged M1 but that doesn't mean she arranged M33 (different concert). It's probably likely that they just reused her arrangement but it's not explicitly stated so not sure it's accurate to attribute it. And M34 isn't anywhere else on the album so I don't know where that arrange credit came from.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 02:58 PM
VGMdb Staff

I made the notes for this album, so I tried to find as much info as I could. The credit for M33 probably came from Tsujita's Twitter/Facebook, though I can't check right now. M34 came from Kano's website.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

I remembered that you can find the credits for the other concerts here:
http://gamesymphony.jp/concert/2016/18th.html
http://gamesymphony.jp/concert/2016/19th.html

Again, the only thing we're missing are arranger credits for the encore pieces (28, 29, 30, 31, 36, 37, 38, 39).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 09:48 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I just got this one in the mail today, will do complete packaging scans in the next 48 hrs.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

and by 48 hours I meant like ... 18 days.

Working on it now.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 04:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

ok, scans are up. All the album credits are on the final booklet page (17-18). Not sure if there's anything there that wasn't on the website. But hopefully some mysteries can be solved with it... ?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 08:38 PM
Trusted Editor

No, there was nothing extra in the inserts compared to what nextday found on the sites for the other symphonies.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 05:48 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
No, there was nothing extra in the inserts compared to what nextday found on the sites for the other symphonies.
Well actually there's an arranger credited on the insert that isn't on the website: Shunsuke Abe.

Which means he must have arranged at least one of the 6 tracks that isn't on the website. Additionally, Kenichi Shimura isn't listed as an arranger even though the website says he arranged 1 track.

Last edited by cal; Feb 5, 2018 at 05:50 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 08:04 AM
VGMdb Advisor

thanks kindly, I appreciate everyone's work on this nextday, dancey, other.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 02:03 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm (re?)adding Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth to this. In the bonus tracks, "changing me" is the ending song for Persona Q (noticeably, it's being performed by the main vocalists of P3 and P4, respectively).

Also ... we may *want* to consider adding P4: Dancing All Night to products represented here. "Junes Theme" as it appears in this performance is the full vocal version, with verses and all. This is not in P4, or P4 Golden, or the fighting games. It is *only* found in P4: Dancing All Night ... it is the only version with credited lyrics (Shinji Yamamoto), and the only time you hear the song with any words other than "Every day young life, Junes" (or in English "Every day is great with your Junes").

Last edited by Ramza; Mar 25, 2018 at 02:13 PM.