VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:21 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Ok once again i am opening a thread for an album we have no idea of..

There is a "Volume 2" too (with catalog number PCCB-00102), and here are the tracklist for this one:

Seems like it is only a compilation of House tracks.. without any relation to VGM.. and i presume the Vol. 1 is the same ?
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:25 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Myrkul, we do know that some of the PCCB albums aren't related to VGM. They're there just for catalogue completion.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:40 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Right, i did not know that.. and since there was absolutly no informations about these soundtracks, confusion was possible.

I think the "Catalogue Completition" is not a good idea.. (since it's not even "complete..")
This is a VGM database right?
Are we going to include all of the "KICA-xxxx" that is anime related just for a good "catalog completition" ?

I think it's all or nothing, and these albums should be removed, what do you think ?
Old Dec 7, 2007, 02:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

At this point, given where we are now, I'm in favor of removing the PCCB albums that have no connection to VGM or VGM composers. I'll probably just "hide" them by making them unviewable, in case we need them later (and also to prevent them from being readded.)
Old Dec 7, 2007, 03:00 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

In fact, i am not completely for a deletion of this kind of albums..
But since it's not really VGM, or you keep them under a NEW cathegory..or you delete them.

But one day if you plan to do "catalogs completition", we'll have all sort of things.

I did not wanted to be rude or anything.. but hundreads of visitors or small collectors/listeners.. does not know what are those soundtracks/are not able to identify if it's related or not.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 03:08 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I gotta agree with Myrkul, there's gotta be a way to designate "catalog completion" type entries, if they're going to be allowed/publicly viewable in the first place. Otherwise, keeping them in but hidden, thus preventing re-adding like SS said, does make the most sense. I'm all for keeping them invisible though. Keep up the good work, y'all.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 09:39 PM
Trusted Editor

Scans added