VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 31, 2014, 09:11 AM

the password was never mentioned in the booklet. it was spread though social media, and the FFXIV Developer's Blog on the Lodestone.

Last edited by James O; May 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 02:01 PM

For posterity, the pass is the name of Exdeath's most infamous general, lower case.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 09:56 PM
Trusted Editor

- Removed unicode – from English tracklist.
- Removed the – from 115, it's not in the booklet.
Old May 15, 2016, 06:13 AM

Unlike the Before the Fall soundtrack, where the booklet listed the tracks by patch, this one does not say which tracks specifically come from Patch 2.1 "A Realm Awoken". Does anyone know?
Old May 16, 2016, 03:35 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Here is a list, but for some I'm not 100% sure they were introduced in Patch 2.1 or before. Some are actually from FFXIV 1.0 like "Pitfire" (Zahar'ak), "Good King Moggle Mog XII" and "The Dark's Embrace" (hard mode dungeons) but were re-introduced for contents featured in 2.1.
The ones I'm 100% sure about are "Where the Heart Is" and "Where the Hearth Is" (featured in residential districts), "Through the Gloom" (Pharos Sirius, later replaced by the longer version, "A Light in the Storm"), and "Hubris", "Ever Upwards" and "Tumbling Down" (all from the Crystal Tower).

Pitfire
Where the Heart Is
Where the Hearth Is
A Curious Breed of Botherment
Through the Gloom
Good King Moggle Mog XII
The Dark's Embrace
The Dark's Kiss
Hubris
Ever Upwards
Tumbling Down
Old May 16, 2016, 04:56 AM

Thanks! What about "Machinations"? FF Wiki says it's the theme for the Wolves' Den, and that the Wolves' Den was introduced in 2.1, but also the theme for Northern Thanalan sanctuaries, so does it predate the patch?

I take it also that "Defender of the Realm" (wiki says "late main scenario cutscenes") and the themes from the Gaius and Ultima battles also predate the patch despite being nearer the end of the soundtrack, then?
Old May 16, 2016, 10:56 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneofyourbusiness View Post
Thanks! What about "Machinations"? FF Wiki says it's the theme for the Wolves' Den, and that the Wolves' Den was introduced in 2.1, but also the theme for Northern Thanalan sanctuaries, so does it predate the patch?
Yes, the Northern Thanalan sanctuaries were already available at the launch of FFXIV 2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneofyourbusiness View Post
I take it also that "Defender of the Realm" (wiki says "late main scenario cutscenes") and the themes from the Gaius and Ultima battles also predate the patch despite being nearer the end of the soundtrack, then?
These are all from the final parts of the 2.0 main scenario.
Old May 17, 2016, 03:59 AM

Thanks! So is the one you're not sure of "A Curious Breed of Botherment"? The Wiki says "Plays in the Sylphlands" and http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Sylphlands says that the Sylphlands were introduced in 2.0, but was the track present there from the start (presuming Gamer Escape is accurate)?
Old May 17, 2016, 09:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I vaguely remember "A Curious Breed of Botherment" was added in patch 2.1 to accompany the addition of the beast tribe quests. I'm not 100% sure. I somehow remember the music was not playing in the Sylphlands in the original 2.0 release.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:24 PM

Thanks; I don't suppose you remember what track was playing there before?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:43 PM

Very late, but the track that played in the Slyphlands on launch was "Battle Drums" from version 1.0; this track is still used in the Sapsa Spawning Grounds.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:38 PM

I don't know if we want to store composer corrections in this notes section, but these Soken compositions are actually (based on) Uematsu compositions:

001 Prelude - Rebirth ("The Preludes since 1987" moves Soken to the "Artist" and restores Uematsu as the composer)
003 Prelude - Discoveries ("The Preludes since 1987" moves Soken to the "Artist" and restores Uematsu as the composer)
016 A World Apart ("Opening Theme" from Final Fantasy I)
039 A Victory Fanfare Reborn
048 Battle Theme 1.x ("Battle Scene 1" from Final Fantasy II)
098 Hubris ("Crystal Cave" from Final Fantasy III)
100 Tumbling Down ("Battle 2" from Final Fantasy III)
113 The Seventh Sun ("Opening Theme" from Final Fantasy I)

Last edited by yindesu; Jul 1, 2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
I don't know if we want to store composer corrections in this notes section, but these Soken compositions are actually (based on) Uematsu compositions:

001 Prelude - Rebirth ("The Preludes since 1987" moves Soken to the "Artist" and restores Uematsu as the composer)
003 Prelude - Discoveries ("The Preludes since 1987" moves Soken to the "Artist" and restores Uematsu as the composer)
016 A World Apart ("Opening Theme" from Final Fantasy I)
039 A Victory Fanfare Reborn
048 Battle Theme 1.x ("Battle Scene 1" from Final Fantasy II)
098 Hubris ("Crystal Cave" from Final Fantasy III)
100 Tumbling Down ("Battle 2" from Final Fantasy III)
113 The Seventh Sun ("Opening Theme" from Final Fantasy I)
I believe they're worth adding to the notes section. Other albums in the database list corrections and just because the errors are in the product, doesn't necessarily make them official.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 07:57 PM

Interestingly this appears to be the only FFXIV OST on ototoy that exclusively released in Hi-res, I wonder why that is. All the other ones had both a lossless and Hi-res release on there.
The quality of cover art also seems pretty poor when compared to every other digital OST release for FFXIV.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Jul 18, 2021 at 08:05 PM.