VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 2, 2008, 03:59 AM
VGMdb Staff

Does anyone know what the deal is with the different cases for this album? We have scans of a yellow case, as well as what looks to be a pink (or perhaps it's just the booklet?) one.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 04:34 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I suspect that one of them is just bad lighting, most likely the pinkish one, since it clashes with the rest of the colors. I can't be 100% sure though.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I suspect that one of them is just bad lighting, most likely the pinkish one, since it clashes with the rest of the colors. I can't be 100% sure though.
You are correct, sir. I own the real deal and just checked mine. It's definitely orange so the "Front" and "Back" scans are right. That "Front With Obi" scan is horrendous. I'm gonna go ahead and delete it so it doesn't cause more confusion. Plus we have scans of the front and obi separately, don't really see the big deal of having a "Front With Obi" scan in addition to them.

-Mike
Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:26 AM
VGMdb Staff

Do you know if the orange case was first-print only or something, Mike?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Do you know if the orange case was first-print only or something, Mike?
I've never seen it without the orange case so I'd say it's the normal case no matter what print you have. Any other owners of the album wanna chime in though just in case I'm wrong? I had the Beyond the Bounds single at one point too and I remember it having the same bright orange case as ANUBIS.

-Mike
Old Aug 2, 2008, 05:14 PM

I bought my copy long after the first print run ended. It was neon orange. Like Mike I've never seen a version with anything but the orange case.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 04:32 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It could have been a crappy scanner that was used, which added incorrect "color tint" into the equation. My first cheapie scanner always added a Green Tint to every scan, which I later had to color-correct in photoshop to get it looking "normal" again... I suspect that may be the case here.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:10 AM

I'm curious why they decided to title track 7 as "Fake Aumaan." The last bit of the song with the female vocals does play there for about 10 seconds before the boss fight, but to my recollection the majority of the song only plays when encountering Anubis for the first time on the BAHRAM Battleship. It would have made a lot more sense to have titled it something related to its use there instead. Oddly enough, in-game the vocal section near the end actually plays before the rest of the song.