VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:17 PM
VGMdb Advisor

It's a thrill to see these talented musicians going at it and watching them create such a full sound out of only 3 performers.

While exploring the IFO Chapters on the DVD, I just found 3 abandoned/orphaned clips which are unlinked from any navigation menu (and not present in the interview segment either), so these are new discoveries.

Hasegawa: "About Bass Solo" 1:27
Nakamura: "About the Guts Pose" 1:44
Sakuraba: "The Reason of the Trio Band" 1:12

Last edited by Carl; Nov 18, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:45 PM

My copy (bought it new, sealed) didn't include bonus postcards as the description says. Was it a 1st print bonus? (in case there was a 1st print, I don't know)
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:42 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah, it probably was a first print bonus. You can see the postcards below the booklet on the "Case Inside" picture.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:33 AM

Where did you get the "DVD" and tildes in the title? All over the DVD and box it reads "Motoi Sakuraba Live Concert STAR OCEAN & VALKYRIE PROFILE", no "DVD", no tildes.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:08 PM

To watch those short interviews you have to let the autoplay. "About Bass Solo" is after "Theme of RENA ~ Drum Solo ~ Bass Solo ~", "About the Guts Pose" plays after "Highbrow" and "The Reason of the Trio Band" goes after "Tenkuu no tobira". In a device like the XBOX 360, it is hard to get the autoplay after you go to the disc menu because it saves the last played position even if you eject the disc.

Last edited by spark_2503; Dec 28, 2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
It's a thrill to see these talented musicians going at it and watching them create such a full sound out of only 3 performers.
Just wanted to echo this sentiment. These three seem to create more sound with what they have than proper 5+ member bands and so to this day, this DVD is my favourite game concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero-R View Post
My copy (bought it new, sealed) didn't include bonus postcards as the description says. Was it a 1st print bonus? (in case there was a 1st print, I don't know)
Seems like I was the one that added that description 10 years ago. I bought this item twice and they both had post cards included so I assumed they came with it. There is a possibility that the DVD had an original print (that had the bonus) and reprints (that didn't).

Last edited by layzee; Mar 7, 2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
Just wanted to echo this sentiment. These three seem to create more sound with what they have than proper 5+ member bands and so to this day, this DVD is my favourite game concert.
For sure. The set-up is very Emerson Lake & Palmer, which I assume is the point. They even gave the drummer a gong and the bassist an ornate rug.