VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:30 PM
Trusted Editor

I've added the rest of the song credits (which come from the staff roll when you complete a level in Step & Roll). Does anybody know anything about the original tracks? Apparently they (or at least one of them) were composed by Fumie Kumatani.

BTW, does anybody know what happened to her? She seems to have left Sega after Sonic Colors and this.

Last edited by dissident93; Jan 26, 2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:18 PM

Information I found from old tweets+blogposts:

The songs featuring Marhy were indeed co-composed by Fumie Kumatani together with Ohtani.
https://twitter.com/Ohtanitter/status/25543906607235072
https://twitter.com/Ohtanitter/status/30270425250398210

According to marhy, the songs she was featured on were actually recorded about 5 years before the CD was released. The official Wave Master description for the CD is that it collects "unreleased and unreleased on CD songs", so it looks like these are actually unreleased songs from a different game/project instead of original compositions for the album. (I honestly just thought they were unused Step and Roll tracks since the rest of the album is a stealth OST for it. Or was S&R a Trojan Horse to get this album made? Hmmmm...)
https://ameblo.jp/daughter-marhy/entry-10782037233.html

I absolutely love this album and was curious about how it got made since as a hardcore Wave Master fan who's fantasized about them making their own albums, everything about it fascinates me. So I just looked it up to see if Ohtani had ever talked about it and here we are.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:09 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Added basic composer & lyricist credits for the 4 marhy songs from JASRAC