VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:31 AM

Default KSLA-0059~60: Angel Beats! ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

I know this OST has generated alot of reviews from many online fanbases and blogs, but it really does deserve much praised by everyone who has sampled from Angel Beats!.

The only input I'll be submitting in, is my favourite track: Theme of SSS.

I know many believe Decisive Battle is the fan favourite due to its infusion [or mash] of music elements, and I won't dispute that - I just like Disc 1 Track 2 more.

When I listen to it from start to finish, I envision it like a story: a beginning with the keys of a piano, followed by the sudden surge of strings and then combined like an orchestra. And as it follows, both sections stand out and retains the tempo and dramatic feel; then it ends on the same note it began on, like a 360.

A mention to Disc 2 Track 7: Unjust Life is needed, as it's another arrangement from the same base track - a very deep approach that justifies its title through pure emotion.