VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:04 PM
Trusted Editor

This entry has few issues where I need some help:
1. Price.
Originally around Jan, you could buy this soundtrack for 99 cents alongside the game. But now that this game has been released also on Steam and GOG.com, the soundtrack comes alongside the game for free. So, really no idea what to put as price.

2. Title of the album.
GOG.com has this on tags as Defender's Quest soundtrack (with small s on soundtrack), and Steam as Defender's Quest OST. I decided for Soundtrack. So change to whatever feels right.

3. Covers.
Both Steam and GOG.com version did come with different covers, Steam had just two same pictures with small sizes (200x200 and 75x75) and GOG had different picture, but with better size, so I chose that as default cover.

4. Publisher.
No idea what to put in here.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:08 PM

1:
Mention that the soundtrack was originally sold for 99 cents in the notes, and add the full game price in the current price. (I've done this already.)

2:
Add the Steam title to the alternate name thing.

3:
Did you check the embedded picture in the ID3 tags of the Steam edition? They may be the same thing.

4:
This should probably mention the usual "Distributed by" Steam and Bandcamp thing we add for digital releases. (I've added links to the game pages.)

Last edited by Foxhack; Nov 1, 2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:16 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhack View Post
1:
Mention that the soundtrack was originally sold for 99 cents in the notes, and add the full game price in the current price. (I've done this already.)
Done. Still should check if you get the soundtrack by ordering it from game's homepage.

Quote:
2:
Add the Steam title to the alternate name thing.
Done.

Quote:
3:
Did you check the embedded picture in the ID3 tags of the Steam edition? They may be the same thing.
Nah, contains the Steam cover.

Quote:
4:
This should probably mention the usual "Distributed by" Steam and Bandcamp thing we add for digital releases. (I've added links to the game pages.)
Probably, but you can also buy the game from http://www.defendersquest.com/.

Anyways, I suggest to check the game out, pretty good tower defense type game with rpg elements.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:54 PM
Trusted Editor

Goddamn, now that Level Up Labs moved from Fastspring to using Humble Bundle as place to download the drm free copy of the game and soundtrack (in flac and ogg alongside mp3 this time) the flac copy has again different album title; Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten OST. And it does have the same album art as Steam copy.

Probably should tweet the composer and Level Up Labs to help with this

EDIT: Edited the album title (and the product), after this tweet.
EDIT2: And now the composer himself has also answered. So, Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten OST it is. Now to enjoy this soundtrack again.

Last edited by razakin; Jun 26, 2013 at 05:44 PM.