VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 28, 2020, 12:52 AM

The European edition of this album had these composer/arranger credits in the notes of its child album page:

Spoiler:
Tracks 1, 2 composed and arranged by Yoko Shimomura
Tracks 3 to 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 15 composed and arranged by ACE+ (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO, Kenji Hiramatsu)
Tracks 6, 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 20 composed and arranged by Manami Kyota
Tracks 17, 19 composed and arranged by ACE (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO)
Track 18 composed and arranged by Kenji Hiramatsu

I've removed them for now since I'm not sure what the source of these are. I was under the impression that Yoko Shimomura didn't come back to work on the remastered OST for Definitive Edition (EDIT: Apparently she was involved), and ACE+ isn't credited as a unit anymore. Actually, the game's credits specifically mention that ACE and Kenji Hiramatsu are "ex ACE+", so I would be very surprised if they were credited as ACE+ for the tracks on this CD.

Also, although this is from a user-submitted database, when I imported the Australian version of the sound selection CD, iTunes automatically found these composer credits:

Spoiler:

Again, this is from a user-submitted database so I doubt it's correct. It did come in Japanese, however (I changed all the composer names to English/Romaji for my own purposes).

I don't know if there are any specific arranger credits for this CD, but I've added all the composers for all the remixed tracks to the composers field of this page since those are pretty easy to identify.

I haven't found any reliable source for arranger credits yet, but if someone knows anything please post it below, I'd like to know if there's a reliable source for arranger credits yet.

Last edited by MBgov1133; Jun 28, 2020 at 03:08 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBgov1133 View Post
The European edition of this album had these composer/arranger credits in the notes of its child album page:

Spoiler:
Tracks 1, 2 composed and arranged by Yoko Shimomura
Tracks 3 to 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 15 composed and arranged by ACE+ (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO, Kenji Hiramatsu)
Tracks 6, 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 20 composed and arranged by Manami Kyota
Tracks 17, 19 composed and arranged by ACE (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO)
Track 18 composed and arranged by Kenji Hiramatsu

I've removed them for now since I'm not sure what the source of these are. I was under the impression that Yoko Shimomura didn't come back to work on the remastered OST for Definitive Edition (EDIT: Apparently she was involved), and ACE+ isn't credited as a unit anymore. Actually, the game's credits specifically mention that ACE and Kenji Hiramatsu are "ex ACE+", so I would be very surprised if they were credited as ACE+ for the tracks on this CD.

Also, although this is from a user-submitted database, when I imported the Australian version of the sound selection CD, iTunes automatically found these composer credits:

Spoiler:

Again, this is from a user-submitted database so I doubt it's correct. It did come in Japanese, however (I changed all the composer names to English/Romaji for my own purposes).

I don't know if there are any specific arranger credits for this CD, but I've added all the composers for all the remixed tracks to the composers field of this page since those are pretty easy to identify.

I haven't found any reliable source for arranger credits yet, but if someone knows anything please post it below, I'd like to know if there's a reliable source for arranger credits yet.
The european downloadable .wav version of the sound selection has some composers credits under the artist tag : https://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.ph...45&postcount=7

The composers credits are pretty much not questionable, they come from Nintendo of Europe themselves. Of course, this doesn't mean that the tracks were arranged by the same person. At least we can assume it was for the new epilogue tracks.
And yes, Shimomura did participate to the re-arranged music (she 200% did re-arrange Time to Fight!, it is even more Shimomura-ish than before, but I have slight doubts about Colony 9) as she stated herself in a tweet (and she is featured on some of the recording photos CHiCO took).

Oh and Kiyota confirmed all the tracks she worked on in this article : she did re-arrange all of the field and battle tracks she was responsible for in the first game + the Alcamoth night theme (which was arranged by ACE+ in the original game) + she confirms herself as a composer for Gran Dell.
CHiCO also confirmed that ACE did compose Bionis' Shoulder and Fogbeasts and Hiramatsu more or less confirmed being the composer for Time to Fight! (Bionis' Shoulder).
Old Jun 29, 2020, 03:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
CHiCO also confirmed that ACE did compose Bionis' Shoulder and Fogbeasts
It may be worth noting that the original Japanese post doesn't mention these songs; this information appears to have been added by the translator
Old Jul 16, 2020, 06:53 AM

Manami Kiyota also wrote about recording Xenoblade Definitive Edition:
https://note.com/manamikiyota/n/na7dd0237be3f

I added per-track performers to https://musicbrainz.org/release/6993...7-647049b76318 from her note.

Last edited by yindesu; Jul 16, 2020 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 08:59 AM

The track times are different between this CD and the EU download version. It's mostly differences in when and how abruptly tracks fade out, but 4 tracks in the EU version have "proper" endings rather than fading out on a loop like the CD does:
1. Colony 9
2. Time to Fight!
5. An Obstacle in Our Path
19. Fogbeasts

Last edited by yindesu; Mar 25, 2022 at 07:02 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 09:36 AM

My copy of this has a slightly different catalog number: HAC-R-AUBQA-JPN.

Not sure if I should add it...?
Old Mar 7, 2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaniel View Post
My copy of this has a slightly different catalog number: HAC-R-AUBQA-JPN.

Not sure if I should add it...?
I took a photo of my copy of the Japanese CD, so if you'd like to compare the catalog code on your copy of the CD to this image, that'd help.

Spoiler:

Last edited by MBgov1133; Mar 7, 2021 at 06:20 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 06:39 PM

My apologies -- I was looking at the catalog number on the outside of the case:

https://imgur.com/Twvqw4g.png