VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 12, 2020, 02:06 PM
Trusted Editor

The credits of the booklet are similar to those of the booklet of the other Ulysse 31 CD published in 2016 (https://vgmdb.net/album/58702), and constitute the best source for the music credits of Ulysse 31.

I edited the other French CDs of Ulysse 31 (released under the labels Loga-Rythme and Télé 80) taking into account these credits.

I'm doing a little recap, given the mess to sort through the credits:

Haim Saban is credited for the lyrics of all the songs, as well as Pascal Auriat for the lyrics of the 1st French Ending Theme "Ulysse 31" and the song "Nono".

For the compositions of the songs, Haim Saban remains credited with Shuki Levy.

The additional BGM of the series are composed by the only Shuki Levy.

Nono is only credited for the vocals of 4 image songs, although we hear well his voice in the 2 French opening themes and also the song "Thémis et Nono".
I removed the name "Jacques Ebner" that I had written in place of Nono on the album page of the first Télé 80 CD concerning Ulysse 31, because although Jacques Ebner is well the dubber of Nono in the French version of Ulysse 31, it is never credited for the songs on albums, and moreover many sources indicate that there would be several French singers to make the voice of Nono.

"Jacques Cardona (Apollo)" is thus credited for the vocals of the second French opening theme (track 07) in the booklet of the Ulysse 31 CD (EMC-31). Originally, he was not credited on the covers of the French 45 and 33 rpm. But he began his singing career with the pseudonym "Apollo" or "Le Groupe Apollo". So I think it's good to put the 2 names in the credits on the album page.

Track 26 is not the American version as indicated in the booklet (only error in the booklet) but the English version sung by Noam Kaniel, as indicated in the booklet of the other Ulysse 31 CD (EMC-31).
Indeed the Ulysses American main title theme is composed and sung by Denny Crockett.
But for as much the credits of the English credits remain incomplete, because one hears well in the song that Noam does only the choirs. I think Nick Carr is the lead singer, since he has other songs with Noam (like "MASK" French Opening Theme and "Jayce and The Wheeled Warriors" English Opening Theme).

The track 25 of this album is a unreleased instrumental version of "Ulysse".

The performers for the Portuguese opening theme in track 31 are not credited, but they are children, with someone older who plays the voice of Nono.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Jul 12, 2020 at 02:21 PM.