VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 8, 2017, 01:01 PM
VGMdb Advisor

So uh ... what is this?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
So uh ... what is this?
A live theater or "stage" (hence the name) version of Romancing SaGa (in particular, the third one) not unlike the collaborations between Nobuo Uematsu's The Black Mages Live Concert and R:Mix (the organisation that provides the actors), and game music composers in general and R:Mix again.

As for this album, I assume they were played during the performance.

It's not on the info section yet, but the vocal song (track #2) is sung by 新垣里沙 (who plays Sara/Sarah) and 香音有希 (who plays Boy).

Game music concerts used to be a Japan only thing but now it's worldwide (helped by Final Fantasy and "Distance Worlds"). I wonder if there's a market for game-based theater/plays? I can't think of any good examples but I'm sure Japan has been doing that (video game theater) for a while. I'm sure there must be at least one Dragon Quest one. There's also theater by R:Mix in 2006 based on the Medieval Scenario from Live-A-Live.

Last edited by layzee; Jul 9, 2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:34 AM

no word on any outlet that sells this?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:43 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
no word on any outlet that sells this?
It was sold directly by the company that produced the play and it looks like they stopped accepting orders in early July.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
it's Loanne, not Roanne btw
Kawazu actually called it “Roanne” in English on Twitter last year when somebody asked him about the delay with the games. (I wish I could relocate his original message. :/) To me, this makes more sense because Roanne is a part of France, which fits well with the general French “theme” going on in the Romancing SaGa trilogy (e.g. The Varennes Empire in RS2). I can't say anything about the old manual or old official game guides as I do not own them, but I do know that it is has been written as Roanne in some of the newer publications. I guess we just have to wait until the RS3 remaster comes out in English to see what ends up happening with the name! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
As for this album, I assume they were played during the performance.
Yes they were, with the two vocal tracks done live by the actresses. The album unfortunately does not contain all of the tracks that were arranged specifically for the performance. The RS3 Field/Overworld Theme and Byunei's Den are two of those excluded tracks that come to mind. Otherwise, the majority of the music used during the performance was actually from the video game and the Re:Birth albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
It was sold directly by the company that produced the play and it looks like they stopped accepting orders in early July.
Yeah, you had to order it directly from 30-DELUX with a deputy service (assuming you live outside of Japan). I'm so happy I ordered it when it was announced. I've seen copies show up on Yahoo Auctions from time to time, but they've been 4,500+ yen, which imo is not really worth it. The character songs are really pretty though, so if you can find it for 2,000 yen or less, I'd definitely recommend picking it up!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 08:46 AM

Loanne is written as such in the official strategy guides since 1995-96 (I have the 3 ones)