VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 6, 2018, 06:17 PM

The tracklist didn't match my copy.
Old May 11, 2018, 08:53 PM

Any idea how I can scan the inside of the artwork without tearing out the cardboard that's glued to the tray?

The text at the bottom half becomes illegible, but I have a feeling it might just be standard directions that are printed on every CD.

If there aren't any solutions, I can always take a photo and see how that turns out.

Edit: By the way, the spine says テレビまんが DRAGON BALL 主題歌「魔訶不思議アドベンチャー!」

Last edited by Jedi QuestMaster; May 11, 2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:06 AM

afaik you ain't supposed to remove that
but you can "break" the thing to make the thing look like a square (a la jewel case)

otherwise, I've never seen a scan without
Old May 13, 2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
you can "break" the thing to make the thing look like a square (a la jewel case)
Good idea! https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=273600

Seriously, though I'm not dedicated enough to ruin my copy just to (possibly) get a good scan. I hope the camera pic is good enough.

Anyway, I've uploaded high quality scans of everything else. One question, though:

This vinyl album says 'TV Manga Dragon Ball' and, as far as I know, it's essentially another 'Makafushigi Adventure!' album like this one. The CD album entry ignores the 'TV Manga Dragon Ball' text even though it's on the spine.

I know there's lots of words on this cover that are just descriptors: 主題歌 (theme song), オープニング・テーマ (opening theme), 歌 (song), etc. What is correct?
Old May 14, 2018, 12:21 AM

yeah good idea because it's supposed to be doable (from rectangle to square)
Old May 14, 2018, 08:26 AM

I've yet to see an album like this where that would actually be beneficial (none of the albums I've owned had square artwork).

Also, this album doesn't have those directions. Maybe someone can translate the text in the 'tray' photo?

Also, it doesn't solve my problem of scanning the art which is glued underneath the tray.
Old May 14, 2018, 08:25 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi QuestMaster View Post
I've yet to see an album like this where that would actually be beneficial (none of the albums I've owned had square artwork).

Also, this album doesn't have those directions. Maybe someone can translate the text in the 'tray' photo?

Also, it doesn't solve my problem of scanning the art which is glued underneath the tray.
It's just your standard CD disclaimers for CD playback.

Quote:
●ディスクは両面共、指紋、汚れ、キズ等を付けないように取り扱ってください。●ディスクが汚れたときは、 メガネふきのような柔らかい布で内周から外周に向かって放射線状に軽くふき取って下さい。レコード用クリー ナーや溶剤等は使用しないで下さい。ディスクは両面共、鉛筆、ボールペン、油性ペン等で文字や絵を書いたり 、シール等を貼付しないで下さい。●ひび割れや変形、又は接着剤等で補修したディスクは、危険ですから絶対 に使用しないで下さい。
◼保管上のご注意
●直射日光の当たる場所や、高温多湿の場所には保管しないで下さい。
●ディスクは使用後、元のケースに入れて保管して下さい。

このCDの再生には,8センチCD対応プレーヤーを除き,必ず次のいずれかのアダプターをご使用下ださい。 ①CD推奨規格準拠と表示のあるアダプター②CDロゴマーク、discロゴマークの表示のあるアダプター③ お持ちのプレーヤー専用のアダプター
●8センチCD対応プレーヤー以外では,アダプターが無いと8センチCDが再生できないばかりか,ディスク にキズが付いたりします。また,ディスクがプレーヤー内に閉じ込められ,取り出せなくなることがあります。
●アダプターを取り付ける際には,ディスクの信号読み取り面に指紋やキズを付けないよう,取り扱ってくださ い。
Quote:
* Handle both sides of the disc carefully so that fingerprints, dirt, scratches, etc don't get on it
* If the disc is dirty, wipe it gently with a soft cloth like you would glasses, wiping from the inner radius to the outer radius. Please don't use record cleaner, solvents, etc. Please do not write or draw on either side of the disc with pens, pencils, etc. Please do not put stickers on it.
* If a disc is cracked, deformed, or repaired with adhesive, it is dangerous to use. Please don't use it.

[] Notes on storage
* Do not store in direct sunlight or in hot and humid places
* After use, please keep the disc in the original case

For playing this CD, be sure to use one of the following 8 CM compatible CD players. (1) Recommended and compliant standard CD adapter (2) Adapter that has the CD logo mark displayed (3) Adapter for your player
* Except for 8 CM CD compatible players, if you don't have an adapter or the disc is scratched, you will not be able to play 8 CM CDs.
* When installing the adapter, avoid putting fingerprints or scratches on the surface of the disc. Handle with care.

An 8 CM adapter allows you to play 8 CM CDs in slot-insert devices like car stereos or devices like a PS3/4.
Old May 16, 2018, 07:16 PM

Cool! Thanks for the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
An 8 CM adapter allows you to play 8 CM CDs in slot-insert devices like car stereos or devices like a PS3/4.
I never knew these existed!