VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 23, 2020, 04:55 AM
VGMdb Staff

Why is there two different sets of Booklet Front and Backs here? One with a plus alpha logo and one without. They have different staff credits but the same cat. number. The plus alpha version has a credit for remastering - are there two different versions of this release?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 07:26 AM
Trusted Editor

The Scitron SCDC re-releases of the "Game Music" moniker came with two booklets (like this one). While the first set is a straight re-print of the original booklet the alpha booklet contains additional information on the games. The different credits should refer to the remastering of this release in general.

Another example here: https://vgmdb.net/album/3831
Old Sep 23, 2020, 08:04 AM

Shouldn't those SNK albums be unlinked like the Sega ones are? Same deal with the medleys being broken up into individual tracks for the Scitron re-release.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 08:13 AM
VGMdb Staff

Oh, so that's what's going on here. Well I'll add the new credits instead then.

edit: And yeah I guess all these albums should be unlinked, especially if they have different staff credits that need to be linked since we can't do that otherwise.

Last edited by seanne; Sep 23, 2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:43 PM

I recently realised that Sega Game Music Vol. 1/2/3 reprint samples don't have a sticker on the barcode of the spinecard, but it's actually a different spinecard with sample text printed where the barcode should be.

I wonder if they only did this early SCDC releases, and why they bothered. Maybe they produced more samples for marketing.