VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 13, 2021, 07:55 PM

I'm curious if this will include the NES soundtracks for Castlevania 2 & 3 since only a few of the NES tracks have ever been released on CD. Granted, if this release ends up being on only one CD it'll assuredly only feature a few select tracks from each game featured in the collection as opposed to all of them.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingAbyss View Post
I'm curious if this will include the NES soundtracks for Castlevania 2 & 3 since only a few of the NES tracks have ever been released on CD. Granted, if this release ends up being on only one CD it'll assuredly only feature a few select tracks from each game featured in the collection as opposed to all of them.
I have to say I'm curious as to what is going to be on this as well, but they'll probably just be dubbing that 20th Anniversary disc. I want to buy a copy of the anniversary collection, but I'm not really willing to fork out for the Classic Edition without knowing what's on this CD.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 06:08 AM

What kind of timing is this? Sure, Halloween, oh boy haha I see what they did there, but we don't have money for the red and black boxes and this at the same time And here I go looking for the music disc, since I couldn't care less about software emulated reprints of reprints of reprints.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
What kind of timing is this? Sure, Halloween, oh boy haha I see what they did there, but we don't have money for the red and black boxes and this at the same time And here I go looking for the music disc, since I couldn't care less about software emulated reprints of reprints of reprints.
Kind of wish I'd had seen this a few minutes ago. I mean if you just wanted the music disc, I'd have just bought the Classic Edition and spilt the contents between us as I mainly just want the game.

Edit: And yeah, I want this version of the games because of the rewind function. I'm piss poor at old school CV (outside IV which I'm decent at and can beat but is significantly easier than those before it) and couldn't beat them fairly on a good day. The only credit I can give myself is I can beat Ninja Gaiden II on the NES fairly, but come on, it's that the easiest of the three NES games so it's not much of a badge.

Last edited by Brad Evans II; Oct 19, 2021 at 06:56 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 05:52 PM

Ha, thanks for that, maybe next time, or if someone else just wants the games we can buy the cheapest edition and split the price.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:34 AM

Just got this today; 29 tracks from at least 7 games with the last 9 tracks being unassigned on the packaging. Also comes in a paper sleeve.

EDIT: The unlabeled tracks are from Bloodlines and the NA NES versions of Castlevania II and III.

Last edited by orion-mk3; Feb 23, 2022 at 11:13 AM.