VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 8, 2015, 09:09 PM

Can't wait for this to be released. The theme used for Bazzet's resurrection was sick.

Last edited by CLBGM; Sep 11, 2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It was about time we got to hear some new battle themes, the second half of the latest episode featured some pretty good stuff. Was very pleased to hear those hints of Emiya and Excalibur even in the new ones.

Last edited by Illidan; Sep 8, 2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 07:25 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks to liquidAcid for helping with the German part of the title.

Speaking of that, I've always been following some examples already on the db that remove the game/anime part from the default title when it's not printed on the front, but I'm beginning to think that's not that great of an idea. Kato's discography especially is starting to barely make sense, and you have to click on the entries to get what they actually are.
Is there anyone against changing them to "Anime Name Original Soundtrack: subtitle"?

Last edited by Illidan; Sep 18, 2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 06:22 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Are you proposing a major wholesale change here to all anime albums? Most vocal albums don't have the anime noted in the title either.

I think there is some flexibility in our titling system based on submitter judgement. Maybe there is a particular series that cause more problems than others do. I don't want to make a blanket change though.

You might want to invert the format it like "subtitle: TV Anime Name Original Soundtrack" so that it doesn't end up alphabetized under T.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 06:33 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Are you proposing a major wholesale change here to all anime albums? Most vocal albums don't have the anime noted in the title either.

I think there is some flexibility in our titling system based on submitter judgement. Maybe there is a particular series that cause more problems than others do. I don't want to make a blanket change though.
Not really, I can't think of many albums that have this "problem". Other than 3 kato's soundtrack (this one, this and this) and love live (this and a couple others with a similar title), I can't actually think of any other.

Excluding singles and artist albums (that are obviously fine with their current titles), most vocal albums actually do have the anime title on the front cover.
The few that don't, like this, are basically the same as this one as in what we use a title is actually just the subtitle of the album.
For example in this search pretty much all the albums have the anime name at the beginning, it's actually hard to find some that don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
You might want to invert the format it like "subtitle: TV Anime Name Original Soundtrack" so that it doesn't end up alphabetized under T.
This is what I would put in the title if everything was on the front:
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Original Sound Track: Zwei de Plätze
which is what is printed on the obi without the TV Anime part, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by Illidan; Sep 19, 2015 at 06:39 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 05:22 PM

The battle themes in CD 1 are amazing. And fun fact: IMO, M.1-14 should be called like M.1-15 does and viceversa, since M.1-14 plays when Bazzet appears, and M.1-15 when she wrecks people lol
Old Oct 8, 2015, 03:30 AM

https://kiwi6.com/file/ipy3pe0j3j

Ummmm can someone tell me why the hell a micheal jackson homage is on a show about magical girls? o_O. It's literally Thriller just rearranged a bit.

Last edited by leatherhead333; Oct 8, 2015 at 03:35 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 06:15 AM
VGMdb Staff

Seems like Thriller. Title should translate to Horror Movie(s), it figures knowing the lyrics and the original spot heh.

I think Kato does this sometimes. Have to mention him using "Данче/Danče" in tr. 17 of Kampfer OST (or longer title version Купићу ти Данче свилено марамче) by Predrag Živković Tozovac. I don't follow local folk music (old & new) so I'm not sure if Tozovac composed it but there are numerous covers. So I wager it's a pretty popular song 'round these parts.

Holy shit, Michael Jackson and Tozovac in the same post, mindblown.

And IIRC mild cases such as some English vocals from Horizon songs although they are from a music library, specifically "Be With You" from Mutekki Media's Ultimate Vocals Vol. 1 in... disc 1 tr. 5 here.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 06:40 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead333 View Post
Ummmm can someone tell me why the hell a micheal jackson homage is on a show about magical girls? o_O. It's literally Thriller just rearranged a bit.
It's a silly show.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 03:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Thanks to liquidAcid for helping with the German part of the title.

Speaking of that, I've always been following some examples already on the db that remove the game/anime part from the default title when it's not printed on the front, but I'm beginning to think that's not that great of an idea. Kato's discography especially is starting to barely make sense, and you have to click on the entries to get what they actually are.
Is there anyone against changing them to "Anime Name Original Soundtrack: subtitle"?
Been a while, but Lantis has been giving subtitles to more of their soundtrack albums and our naming has become hugely inconsistent, so I'd like to bring this up again. Some examples I found by going through soundtrack releases by Lantis:

http://vgmdb.net/album/71769 (only subtitle on cover, has subtitle as main title)
http://vgmdb.net/album/72193 (only subtitle on cover, has subtitle as main title)
http://vgmdb.net/album/67258 (only subtitle on cover, has full name as main title)
http://vgmdb.net/album/67257 (only "Original Soundtrack + subtitle", similar to this entry - has full name as main title)
http://vgmdb.net/album/56680 (same as above)
http://vgmdb.net/album/55332 (contains anime name + subtitle but no "Original Soundtrack", has full name as main title)
http://vgmdb.net/album/64649 (contains anime logo + subtitle but no "Original Soundtrack" or anime name, has full name as main title)
http://vgmdb.net/album/66356 (cover contains title in full, but we have the subtitle as the main title)

Personally, I think they should all be set as "Anime Name Original Soundtrack: subtitle" as Illidan suggested (because that's what tends to be written out on the obi/spine without the TV Anime bit). Setting what is obviously a subtitle as the main title makes no sense to me.

Also, Lantis does usually put the entire title on the cover, suggesting to me that they do consider subtitles to be subtitles rather than actual titles. These albums having a partial title on the front cover is something of a rarity rather than the norm (perhaps simply by choice of the cover illustrator/graphic designer?).